Author Topic: Forum for CZ452 or Rimfire  (Read 9469 times)

i.candide

Forum for CZ452 or Rimfire
« on: November 10, 2011, 06:04:33 AM »
Hi,

Can someone help me?

Thanks

NOTE:
          Normally, I would never dream of editorializing anything anyone posted (well unless it was Rude, Crude or Sociably Unacceptable in which case it turns into more or a "Off with their Heads") but i.candide  needed help and didn't see a place to look for the help since there was no 452 Topic at the time ( I add them {Topics} as they are needed since there are too many weapons to list just in case someone has one and wants help) So I made a topic on this board for him and moved everything posted from his question asking for help, down to this spot. He had asked the question where he could find help, since at the time he asked there was no 452 Topic, which is the bit I just erased, since now that we have a topic for 452's it looked weird, and I have no intrest at all in embarrassing anyone, (certainly not intentionally). I did leave in the part where he asked for help and only removed the part about where he was supposed to go to find that help.  I do hope you will forgive my editing here and this explanation i.candide. And because I don't yet totally grasp how to shuffle things around on this forum this particular thread is in front of the original thread, instead of after it, and I can't seem to move it down. So there you go, This cock up is my fault and not the members. I'm trying to get better at this as fast as I can, but I'm learning everything on my own since I am having lots of fails at trying to find some that can show me and help.

GW
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 06:46:43 AM by GhostWarrior »

sgin

Re: Forum for CZ452 or Rimfire
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 04:56:02 AM »
Hi,
I have several CZ 452 rim fire rifles and I just joined the CZ forum today.  I'll help you if I can. 

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 06:05:41 AM »
Hi sgin!,

and Welcome to the Forum. You certainly starting off on a positive attitude and I do thank you for your offer to help i.candide, you certainly have the right spirit, I'm sure you will have some fun here and certainly make a friend or 3. Any and all help or advice is appreciated here, just like in any big family some can help others but not one can help everyone.

Thanks for joining and thanks for helping.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

i.candide

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 08:38:30 AM »
Thank you GhostWarrior and sgin.

I know there are many rimfire shooters out there. The. 22 is tbe most popular round bought in the US. Let us here from you-all. Tell us about your pistol or long gun of choice, how you have enhanced it and (most of all) why, and the ammunition you use (and of course why). Share your shooting, hunting, and other experiences that may be 'on-topic'.

When did you get your first firearm? How did you feel when you did? What was the make and model? What happened to it?

The list goes on and on. Join us.

Thank for reading this post.

sgin

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 07:24:10 PM »
Hey candide,
I'm an avid target shooter for 30 plus years.  I started shooting pistol metallic silhouette shooting which began my love for accurate pistols and rifles.  When you can develop handloads for a Remington XP 100 6BR that shoots less than 1 inch MOA at 200 yards, you have an accurate pistol.  I also started shooting small bore pistols metallic silhouette shooting using .22 pistols and rifles at targets out to 100 yards.  My pistols for .22 silhouettte shooting includes Anschutz 64 bolt action pistol, BF single action pistol, Thompson Contender single action pistol and Freedom Arms 252 10" revolver.   My rifles for this sport include Anschutz 54.18 MSR, Anschutz 1710, Ruger 10/22, CZ 452 American and CZ 452 Lux.

By far, the CZ .22 rifles have been my favorite to shoot.  The Anschutz rifles have been stored in the safe for the past several years since I started shooting the CZ 452 rifles.  These rifles are so accurate and balance that the majority of the silhouette shooters now own own one or more CZ .22 rifles. The CZ 452 Lux has metallic sights and the settings on these sights are very repeatable.  The CZ 452 American has the Leupold Var. X II 6-18x scope with B-Square rings.  Last year, I purchased the CZ 452 Varmint rifles in .22 and .17 HMR for rock chuck, squirrel and coyote hunting.  Both of the CZ varmint rifles were set up with  and B-Square (3/8") rings.  My hunting partner and I using the Ruger 10/22 and CZ .22/17 HMR rifles shot a lot of squirrels but never saw any coyotes nor rock chucks.  Initially, I purchased three Eric Brooks trigger kits for my CZ American, Lux and Varmint rifles.  This brought the trigger pull to 1 lb. or less and took the trigger creep completely out.  I wanted another Eric Brooks CZ trigger kit for the .17 HMR but he's no longer in business.  Yo Dave has a CZ trigger kit on e-bay which I purchased.  My gunsmith complained that the Yo Dave trigger kit wasn't as good as the Eric Brooks CZ trigger kit but he had spare sleeves and springs and was able to get the trigger to my liking.   I shoot the RWS Target .22 in the CZ rifles for target shooting.  The RWS Target .22  shoots extremely well in all my rifles and pistols.  My group size is less than 1/2" at 50 yards in the CZ 452 rifles.  My hunting .22 ammo includes Federal Champion and CCI Mini Mags.  Group size will average just over 1/2". 

William Harper

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 08:58:26 PM »
Jan. 6, 2011
My Fellow Marksmen:
I have been shooting since 1949, but never had so much fun as between 2003
and 2012. After a slump in my shooting activities, when I researched the origins
and rise of the british distillery to make Full Professor and was published and also
made mentor in computer technology, the lapse continued until my older brother
died and I had aortic valve replacement. On recovering in Dec. 2003, an old shooting
buddy, Mr. Ed Auerbach Jr., encouraged me to get out and to have some fun. So in my
average 12-14 hour work day, I scheduled Thursday afternoon for "Research". This
was range time researching the Savage Stevens Favorite to 300 meters, and my
accuracy with this little rifle using Lapua Master L .22 LR, won me a key to the 600
meter range. But I had some sweet surprises coming that began when I spotted a
CZ 452 Lux at the local Shriner's gun show. It was a 1999 with a two stage military
type trigger and match chamber, throat, and bore. I bought it for ca.$300.00, marveling
at its beauty and craftsmanship. Some "Bubba" had obtained it, shot it without
removing the hardened Czech cosmoline from the bore, then got rid of it cheap. I
removed that Czech cosmoline, heart in my throat, and discovered a perfect undamaged
bore. It gave me sub-MOA 100 yard groups with its iron sights using Lapua, and shot
into 4" average just over point of aim at 200 meters with CCI Velocitor. In the squirrel
woods it was excellent.
Then I obtained a CZ 452 Ultra Lux 2007 for tests against medium range black powder
rifles. I selected Aguila Interceptor which averaged 1465 fps MV from it and 1.25" at 100
yards with the rifle's tangent sights and fouled about as much as the black powder .40-65,
.40-70, .44-77, and .45-70 I shot against using a Mendoza micrometer air gun sight high
on the Ultra Lux's 11mm scope rail at the extreme rear using a match aperture. This
performed at best on windless days: 3.3" at 300 meters, 7" at 400 meters, 10" at 500
meters, and 12" at 600 meters. An Interceptor bullet I carefully removed from a
creosoted gum railroad tie at 600 meters had penetrated its length plus 1/16th inch-
air gun performance indicative of today's best hyper velocity 40 grain .22 LR.
The Ultra Lux gave a mind-blowing performance on the range and in the field.
Facing encroachment from feral hogs, a friend asked me to intervene. As I had no
repeating center-fire rifle, I recalled a CZ 527 7.62X39mm I had handled in Walter
Craig's in Montgomery in 2003. I purchased one, tried all commercial ammo with good
results and revived my hand-loading skills to get more powerful and accurate loads
for the piggies. My best load involved a Sierra .311 150 grain spitzer soft point at 2,356 fps,
and my oddest, written in this forum with CZ 527 data, involved the Sierra .311 174
grain Match King bullet to 600 meters.
I retired in August 2009, and was diagnosed with a deadly cancer twelve days later,
fought it with a good doctor's chemotherapy, but got subcutaneous shingles which
persists.
Nevertheless, I am still on my feet having fun with my CZs.
Good shooting to you all!     

CZ04FT

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 10:20:52 AM »
I'm sure you know that the only way to beat cancer is to fight back. I hope that the chemo treatments aren't leaving you too weak to get out and enjoy your CZ rifles. Even after six months since my last chemo treatment, I'm still weak and don't have the energy that I had before my lung cancer surgery.

I try to get to my local indoor range as frequently as I can. I bought a year's membership so that I could have inexpensive outings. Now that I've purchased a .22 LR Kadet Conversion for my CZ 75 B 9 mm pistol, I can buy the less expensive ammo. And I can enjoy shooting that much more.

I wish you the best in your continual fight against cancer. You're a survivor. And survivors fight. And they win!

da357mag

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 08:14:33 AM »
Mr. Harper! It is good to hear your still around! I am the bolt jeweler on RFC da357mag(Doug) and as I was reading your post I hadn't looked at the name, and I thought it sounded like you! Good to hear your still active and I hope your beating the shingles! Best...Doug