Author Topic: VZ 24 .338 Win Mag  (Read 7544 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
VZ 24 .338 Win Mag
« on: February 07, 2011, 11:16:52 PM »
And this bad boy here is next on my list to try out on the 300 meter range. May need to get a scope for it since the rings look a little lonely.  8)
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

AH-1

Re: VZ 24 .338 Win Mag
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 06:30:40 PM »
what scope are you planning on using on the rifle ?.thats a nice stock did you do the work?.very nice rifle.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 10:11:19 PM »
I got Ingrid from my Mentor and the Founder of the Original CZForum.com web site and the Original Forum. (The really big other guy  ::) ) A man I am proud to call friend and is well known throughout the entire shooting industry and now semi retired CZ-RAMI-2075  I'm not sure what scope I'm going to mount. That picture was taken on the line at the 300 meter range so I'm going to look for something along those lines. And I am open to suggestions.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

AH-1

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 11:16:37 PM »
I put a leupold VR II 3X9 on my brno 375 ouch and ouch and I haven't rattled it loose yet :D .good clear scope and if you break it they stand behind their product 110%.

pete

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 10:47:27 AM »
I'm crying a bit here:(

Yes, the VR from Leupold is an excellent suggestion.

Those Burris mount and rings are low.

Only a 3x9 40mm objective ( or smaller) will fit, but because of the Cut out bell on the VR series,
you could probably get a 50 mm to sit right on top.

The other thing about the VR is that they didn't sell as well as Leupold hoped they would.

SO, they are at closeout prices these days.

Quality and warranty are top-notch on the VRs.
www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.

Offline gunner69skmc

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 08:50:06 PM »
Old post but let's see.......     You may want to mount a VX-R 2-7 Firedot Leopold on it? :grin:

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 07:47:45 AM »
          Actually I put the orginal sight that came with it when I got it, back on it. Which is a Weaver that I like. But what did you have in mind presuming it would fit (and stay attached) on my .338 Win Mag or a Siaga .308? :smiley: .

Offline gunner69skmc

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 09:07:05 AM »
I like those old weavers myself.   However,  technology wise the Leopold VX-R scopes have a lot going for them.   They gather light very well, and seem to hold up under heavy recoil.   A very good lifetime warranty, from Leopold, is another "+" for this optic.   I like the "sleep" feature, where you move the rifle and the recticle automatically lights up.   

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 12:10:10 PM »
oh that sounds shiny, I'm going to see if I can find one at any of the local big box sporting goods stores and check that out, Thanks a bunch for the suggestion and the post

Offline gunner69skmc

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 12:35:12 PM »
I bought mine off ebay and saved a bunch.   I didn't have to bid and the shipping was free.   I bought two of the ballistic firedot and like it a lot as it has a circle dot recticle with cross hairs.   Visit the Leopold website to look at the recticles offered.   Hindsite,  I could have got the "German style" firedot for $20.00 less and it is more like the 4A recticle scope I replaced on my rifle.   They also offer a "Hog" firedot in their VX-R 1 thru 4 Power scope that is neat.