Author Topic: Apex Tactical Enhancement Kit for CZ P-10 and Trigger  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Ecrevisse

Apex Tactical Enhancement Kit for CZ P-10 and Trigger
« on: August 20, 2021, 09:10:50 AM »
This is my first post. I have been reading this form for years and found it interesting. Now I have something to say. I own a CZ P-10C. I bought it when they first came out. If has the ambidextrous magazine release which newer one don't seem to have.

I have a few Apex Tactical triggers on other pistols and they do improve the trigger feel greatly. Mostly they are short and smooth. I love smooth and short. Recently I received an email from Apex Tactical that hey are offering an Action Enhancement Kit for the CZ P-10. They claim it to be Smoother, Lighter, Better. I find that odd because all the reviews that I have watched on YouTube say that the trigger on the CZ P-10 is the best trigger ever. They rave over it. So, I wonder, if that trigger is so good out of the box, why an Action Enhancement Kit?

Well, the answer is that the trigger on my CZ P-10C is horrible. It always was and after 600 round break-in, it still is. It was 6 lbs 14 oz when I first shot it. After 600 rounds, that dropped to 5 lbs 15 oz. But that is not the worse part. It was and is very gritty, far from smooth. It is like two pieces of sandpaper rubbing together, This is no way a great trigger constantly mentioned on YouTube. ( See sootch00 review for example )

Now Apex Tactical is offering a solution and based on my experience with Apex triggers, I believe them. I really like the smoother part. The problem is that Apex states the “kit is designed to be used with the CZ factory #19 or newer trigger bar. They say “Using one of the earlier iterations (#16, #17 or #18) will not perform as desired. Please contact CZ to order a replacement trigger bar."

If you want to install the Apex Tactical Action Enhancement Kit for the CZ P-10, and need a #19 or newer trigger bar, good luck.  This is my experience getting one. I called CZ-USA and was told that they did not sell that part. I searched online and the only trigger bars were in Europe. I found one in France, at Eric Grauffel online Store. Now this is not something you can easily pay for because it requires a conversion from Dollars to Euros, which increases the price. And it requires payment via a bank transfer. If you never did a bank transfer, you are in for a bit of an experience that also increases the price.

I really like the CZ P-10C, except for the trigger. I has great ergonomics and is a great size. I just want a good trigger, good as in smooth. I order the one from France and I am waiting. Shipping expensive. It has been a bit of an expensive ordeal to get what is needed to install and use that good Apex trigger.