Author Topic: BLASPHEME!!! OH NOES!!!  (Read 3419 times)

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
BLASPHEME!!! OH NOES!!!
« on: August 02, 2011, 08:39:23 PM »
So I was walking through Kroger the other night and happened past the magazine rack. There on a copy of "Combat Handguns" was a gun that remarkably resembled the CZ, and below it there was a caption that read "14+1 .45ACP!!!" So immediately I stopped and thought "Whaaaaaa?!?"

Turns out its the Sarsilmaz K2 thats being imported by EEA Corp.

There are details here: http://eaacorporation.com/sarsilmaz_k2_more.html

According to the article, its made by a Turkish company thats been in business for 131 years, and copied the design of the CZ 75.

I was actually thinking about picking one up. (Psst! In 9mm they hold 21+1) Of course I'd have to change the hammer, it looks kinda dumb.

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
Re: BLASPHEME!!! OH NOES!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 05:48:44 PM »
What is that saying? Imitation is the greatest from of flattery?  :smiley:  Like the idea of 14+1 . in .45. Those 9mm jobbies are sometimes a bit small for my hands.
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.

b5.5dan

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 01:37:33 AM »
That pistol... I think that's what the people over at Hi Point were hoping for but they failed. Weird and futuristic. Deformed in a good way! haha! Any experience with the company producing them? I know Daewoo has been in business for a while and makes 9mm sidearms for South Korea, but I'm not sure how I feel about them...

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 10:35:15 AM »
No personal experience with the company, but if they copied the CZ design, then it can't be too bad. Its made in a state of the art factory with a 131 year production history. You can read the article and watch a video review here

Personally, I love the way it looks and its half the price of other 14+1 .45s.