Author Topic: (Another) .40 S&W vs. .45 ACP  (Read 3649 times)

b5.5dan

(Another) .40 S&W vs. .45 ACP
« on: July 12, 2011, 09:45:55 PM »
Ok. I don't know if this is in the right place, but I figured it's ballistics, so here goes...

I got a RAMI in .40 (as most of you know), and I go it by selling a Glock in .40. My whole .40 "thing" started when I got a Hi Point carbine in .40, and I decided it would make sense to have a pistol chambered in the same caliber. So, there is the back-story you never wanted. Problem is, I just can't fall in love with the .40, even though I have $800 in firearms and ammo.
So I wonder, will it grow on me? It's snappy and irritating, and even though the .45 "pushes" more, it isn't anywhere near as, well, yippy like a mini pin or poodle. The bad part of giving up on the .40 would be I would have to get a new carry gun (I haven't seen CCW stuff in .45), but the good thing is, I would need new guns. 2. a .45 to use and another 9mm to carry...

Thanks for your input. I ask you guys because I trust and value your opinion.  :grin:

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: (Another) .40 S&W vs. .45 ACP
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 09:08:27 PM »
Dude, I HATE .40S&W. Just doesn't feel right. The recoil sucks and just feels kinda crappy.

b5.5dan

Re: (Another) .40 S&W vs. .45 ACP
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 09:11:12 PM »
The more I shoot, the more I agree. I have put both of my firearms chambered in .40 up for sale, but no takers. I'm going to end up taking a real beating on getting rid of them, but I really want something I like to shoot. I made the .40 sound like the cart of champions in my classified ads though... hahaha!