Author Topic: 75bd break in first then modify?  (Read 3456 times)

Gman561

75bd break in first then modify?
« on: March 07, 2015, 02:35:45 PM »
 should I break in my CZ 75 BD first then do the spring modifications? or can I change the springs and then breakin? what would be the most sensible way to do things? this is not my first cz! it will be my third but the first that I modified. thanks for your suggestions fellow CZ owners!

Offline chfields

• Administrator
Re: 75bd break in first then modify?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 02:55:32 PM »
I would suggest breaking it in first and then see what needs to be modded..JMHO.....
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 04:41:31 PM »
If you can't get to the range soon, get some snap caps and pull the trigger DA a couple of hundred times.  After 200 you should notice the trigger starting to smooth out. 

Gman561

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 05:54:32 PM »
 Thanks for the info. I will use snap caps or make my own using 9mm cases and pencil erasers. I love CZs. I have glock,sig,s&w. My CZs out shoot them all! Factory or my reloads CZ shoots the best! I want a sa next or omega! I would love to have a CZ 85 combat too!

Offline GM4469

• Authorized Vendor
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 09:26:01 AM »
It really doesnt matter, either way is fine.

shooting it first, give you a basis for comparison.
but breaking it in first doesnt do anything for mods later.
czcustom.com
stuart@czcustom.com

Offline frgood

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 06:07:31 AM »
I typically consider cost and function when deciding what mods I want. Until you've fired the gun for a while, how would you know what modifications you should consider?

Do you want to change the spring because you heard it needs changing? Each persons experience involves individual factors. I would think after firing 500-1000 rounds the spring may not be much of a nuisance worthy of dropping some cash. But by then you will be sure that you wish to change.

By my 1000 rounds of steel Challenge I really felt that the front sight might be improved with a FO. I also knew that the Cajun Reach Lit is what I wanted. Trigger pull was no big deal. Mind you, I've noticed the more DA firing I do the my finger strength increased, Thus the pull becomes less consequence.