Author Topic: Replacing the Magazine Catch Spring on a CZ 75/85  (Read 6016 times)

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
Replacing the Magazine Catch Spring on a CZ 75/85
« on: June 11, 2011, 07:33:51 PM »
All of us who know Brownell’s have heard of “Gunsmith Kinks”
Well, I have one for the CZ (75/85) Magazine Catch Spring
If you’ve ever removed it and fought like heck to get it back in place, you know my pain
After chasing it all over the shop, I found that if you slip the top of the spring into a piece of drinking strew, it compresses it enough to get it into place
Leave just enough of the ends exposed to set it into the Mag Catch
Use a piece of dowel (or old chopstick) and ease it out of the strew and into place
Worked very well for me
Hope you find this useful
Shoot safe all, Den S
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before, and the years after him !

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Replacing the Magazine Catch Spring on a CZ 75/85
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 08:04:18 PM »
 How cool is that?

And on a personal note Den I want to mention that and give you props for either being a founding Father of the very original CZ Forum forum or as close to one as some can get. The Forum in one incarnation or another has been around for give or take 10 years Not this one! This one is basically new but I do in fact own the rights to the name CZForum.com in both is connotations the forum and the web site.) The original one in it's new incarnation is totally not affiliated with this one. And I was going through the old archives when I happened to notice that you had posted at least as far back as 2007 if not earlier. Along with Hodbell, Rees, and others that still post to this day.

I personally want to thank you for the years of service to the CZ community and say it's an honor to have you and Kev and Van as member here also. I have no wish to get into any sort of compentition with the other Forum, nor do I want nor hold any hard feelings towards the Members and Management of that forum. I am not now nor ever thought of this as a competition between us.

So Thank You and all the others that have been at the for front bringing the CZ word to one and all.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 10:46:12 AM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
Re: Replacing the Magazine Catch Spring on a CZ 75/85
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 10:32:57 PM »
GW: Thank you for that
I know you try very hard to make this forum as enjoyable as possible for everyone
Keep up the GREAT WORK ! ! ! !
As always, You friend, Den S
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before, and the years after him !