Author Topic: Miami-area gunsmith shop NOT RECOMMENDED  (Read 2466 times)

Offline 1Shot1Kill

• Life Member: Special Forces Assoc., NRA, VFW, DAV
Miami-area gunsmith shop NOT RECOMMENDED
« on: January 07, 2014, 06:39:56 PM »
Fellow Gunners,

The info & recommendation below is provided in order to keep any others from being ripped-off by a flakey gunsmith business.

I put three regular/none custom/none special edition handguns into a Miami area gunsmith shop for simple hard chrome refinish. No custom work, no fabrication, etc. It was the type of work even the most basic gunsmith could complete without undue drama.

That was 16 months ago in 2012. The business does not answer it's ((numerous)) phone calls, nor return calls, nor respond to faxes, emails, & USPS Certified /Official Letters.

In-person meetings, on-site, are a waste of time, and full of B.S. excuses about the guns being sent away for the refinish work.  *** The lengthy outsourcing timeline is unacceptable, unless the guns are traveling aboard the Chinese Moon Landing/Rover, maybe.***

Finally, I met with one of the principle owners/gunsmiths, and personally instructed him to immediately return my firearms....still don't have them, nor any word on their status.

I can't personally identify if their gunsmith skills are good or not, as I have not seen my complete guns. But in reference to their business practices, they definitely are sub-substandard at best.

Bottom Line: Under no circumstances would I ever use or recommend this gunsmith shop to anyone. Business name can be provided upon request via email / PM (moderators directed that I not publically mention name in open forum).

P.S. Guns were a CZ-75 (Original), Colt Lawman & Detective Special Revolvers.