Author Topic: Home Range Construction.  (Read 2332 times)

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Home Range Construction.
« on: June 11, 2013, 06:32:45 PM »
Ok, so I've decided to build myself a short pistol/rifle range on my property, but here's the problem.
My property is surrounded on all sides by either roads or houses. My thinking is to put it in the front corner of my property near the intersection of the two roads because I don't want a stray round to hit a house or anything.  In that corner of my lot, I can fire and there are no houses, just fields and woods as far as the eye can see. I plan to build it at least 8-10 feet high out of railroad ties on 3 sides and put a sand berm inside of it. Additionally I would put a top baffle on it to catch any possible ricochets made in the form of a sand filled plywood box 4 inches thick. I live in Tennessee and was wondering if anyone knew of any reason as to why this wouldn't be possible? I live out in the country, so I don't perceive this to be a problem if it is constructed correctly. 

Questions, thoughts, comments?

Offline chfields

• Administrator
Re: Home Range Construction.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 07:25:16 PM »
I would think the first step is to talk to the city/county/state to find out about the regulations regarding setting up the range. Everything else sounds pretty good....
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 07:41:01 PM »
Nothing I've been able to find prohibits it. As long as the projectile doesn't cross the road, its not illegal.
I'm gonna build a 2 bay range. Its on a downhill slope I can actually shoot 25 yards if I want.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 02:11:03 PM »
My did the bullet cross the road? It was astray? Sorry that was way to much for me to pass up.  :cool: :laugh: :rolleyes: :angel: :tongue:
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice