Author Topic: blasphemy  (Read 4251 times)

wscrst

blasphemy
« on: May 02, 2011, 09:02:33 PM »
What if I have a CZ, love it, but want something else just to change things up.  I want a single stack 9mm for concealed carry.  Money is no object.  I'm considering a Sig p239, HK USPc, HK p2000, HK p2000SK, and Springfield EMP.  What others would y'all consider?

b5.5dan

Re: blasphemy
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 09:28:55 PM »
I just wish I knew what money not being an object would feel like. If I could get anything on your list, I would get the H&K USPc. Nice pistols, from what I've seen. They are forever outside of the realm of what my wife will let me spend on a pistol. If I could get anything at all for a CC piece, I would get one of those 1911 Commanders (I think is the name for the smaller versions). I'm a bigger guy who always wears loose clothing.

bre346

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »
I was fondling a Taurus 709 just yesterday. It gets raves from owners.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 12:17:57 PM »
         I have to pass on this one. I was around when Taurus first came on the market. So I have never actually carried one, but I have taken more than a couple away from their owners in the line of duty. I have got to give them props for how far they have come over the years. And in the last few years they have apparently earned a well know reputation for quality.
        I think I'll stick to my CZ's, but I don't hold anyone choice of weapon against them ever. To many variables, and really not worth the effort. A good weapon is still a good weapon no matter who makes it. People and Companies change.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 12:21:17 PM »
I've been looking at Taurus' PT line of 1911s, and "The Judge" is a pretty sweet wheelgun. Apart from that, I don't have much experience with them either.

Floyd D. Barber

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 01:43:56 PM »
I was fondling a Taurus 709 just yesterday. It gets raves from owners.

I have one, and a 740. For what they are,( a small short barreled easily concealable gun, they are good.

As far as concealing, I carry my CZ-82 quite often.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 01:45:29 PM by Floyd D. Barber »

Hermannr

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 11:09:36 PM »
CC?  CZ-82, something different,  HK P7 psp

b5.5dan

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 11:18:26 PM »
I would like an 82 with thin grips for EDC. Or for any reason, really.  :cheesy: I'm really going to try try to keep my promise to my wife and not purchase a gun for... Well... It started as a year, but if I can hit 3 months it will almost be a record.