Author Topic: Bump Firing. (Yeah, I know what you're thinking...)  (Read 3862 times)

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Bump Firing. (Yeah, I know what you're thinking...)
« on: March 24, 2011, 03:48:26 PM »
I just want to see what my SP-01 is capable of as in Rounds Per Minute. I have a shot timer on my android phone, and it works pretty well. I wanted to try and see just how fast my pistol will spew lead. I've seen several ways to do this, but I was wondering if anyone here had any actual experience with it and what are the best and most safe methods. If anyone can help, that'd be great.

Yes, I searched youtube, and saw about 20 ways to do it. Like I said, I want safe and effective. I'll post a video when/if I can get this to work.

Thanks.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Bump Firing. (Yeah, I know what you're thinking...)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 06:36:12 PM »
        Know anyone that does IPSC or IDPA shooting? Those folk tend to have stop watches. For that matter if you know anyone with a regualr ever day stop watch borrow theirs or borrow them and their stop watch. If you are just wanting to know how fast, are you going to be using 2 hands for speed and accurany? If only for spped and you don't care about accuracy I think you could shoot with one hand whild holding the timer in the other. You could even still use the had holding the stop watch as a support hand pushed  against the hand hold the pistol for support with the watch in that hand and yout thumb on the stop and go button. You wouldn't have it to actually hold the weapon with but you would still have some support?

If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 09:50:07 PM »
Nah, the shot timer I have I can put in my shirt pocket and it works just fine. Heck, it even picks up dry fire. Btw GW, I do IDPA shooting. ;)

If you have an android smart phone you can find it here.

You can calibrate it for all kinds of things. Its pretty cool, especially for a free app. Better than the $11 IPSC timer that picks up the start beep as the first shot. lol! I just wanna spew lead one time.(bumbp fire) Even if I only get off 5 or 10 rounds, then I can figure out the cyclic rate/rpm. Another thing I want to do is a mag dump, with accuracy and time it. I did it at the range once at 10 yards and someone asked if it was full auto, and all the rounds were in an 10 inch circle, but it wasn't a bump fire so it wasn't as fast as it could be.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 07:29:12 PM »
     Thanks I do have one as a matter of fact so I'll download the app and see how things go.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 04:38:38 PM »
Went out today and tried to bumpfire my SP-01. Had a few bursts, but not many. :(

Heres the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2LjQ1E8xys