Author Topic: 550FS - 6.5 - want, never seen...  (Read 3037 times)

Shadow9

550FS - 6.5 - want, never seen...
« on: March 24, 2011, 01:51:10 AM »
Hello, new member, been lurking everywhere gathering info on 550FS's, Steyr ProHunters, and just got (and will be selling) a Steyr Scout in 7mm-08. It's gorgeous, but I really distaste the premium price it calls for in ammo, and I can't manage to group it as well as my M96 Swede. Otherwise, the bolt is fantastic, the clip-feed is grand, and the features on it are amazing....but...

That said, I've had a crush on a 550FS in 6.5x55 for a while. Problem is, I've never seen one, in reality.

So, I'm wondering if someone could put up pics of their 6.5x55 CZ550 FS, preferably next to either a 550 American or 527FS, so I can get an idea of size. Underside/bottom view, to get an idea of grip/width, and especially a good "muzzle-shot", so I could see bore diameter and thus barrel thickness.

Please, and Thank You!  :grin:

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: 550FS - 6.5 - want, never seen...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 10:04:51 AM »
     Welcome to the forum and I know how you feel about the 550. However I own the 550 Urban Counter Sniper in .308, a Saiga in >308 and the only other CZ is actually a VZ 24 in .338 Win Mag. Not sure if any of those will help but if so then I have side picks posted but I can take other in the postions you asked for if it will actually do you any help. Oh and that 550 is amazing. I am not a long gun sort of guy but My friends here have really done great at helping me pick great long guns. I hope you have as much luck and friendship here with us. Again Welcome to the Forum.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice