Author Topic: Oh what to do....  (Read 3254 times)

undrlord

Oh what to do....
« on: March 14, 2011, 02:23:32 PM »
Ok....I have been trying to think through this all day but keep hitting a dead end.  Here is the deal:

I have a Sig P229R .40 and am planning on buying either a CZ P01 or SP01.  There is something about the .40 that I don't like.  Maybe it is the "snappiness" of the round...I don't know.  Anyway I LOVE the Sig P220 .45.  They shoot like a dream so if you have not had a chance to shoot one check it out.

I only have the 229 for home defense and don't really carry at all because it is super heavy.  So here is what I am thinking....find someone that has a 220 that would like to trade (plus some cash if needed) for the 229 and get a .45 instead of the .40 for home defense.  Then take the remainder of the money and get the CZ.

The only problem that I have with this is that I have always said that I want a gun in every caliber, and by every caliber I mean .380, .22, .40, 9mm, .45.  If I did the above I would have all but the .40, but I am not sure I like the round enough to care.

Someone talk this out with me  :laugh:

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: Oh what to do....
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 03:25:10 PM »
Dude, .40 sucks. Get rid of it. I've never shot a .40 that I liked.

undrlord

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 03:30:58 PM »
Ya know...I have had 3 of them and have not really liked it at all.

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 09:38:23 PM »
Sell it to a gun store. There's always some noob who believes that 9mm is a crap round, and they don't want the kick of a 45, even though its about the same. .40 is expensive and sometimes as hard to find as .380.

undrlord

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 04:06:19 PM »
I don't think I want to take it the store route.  I am thinking FTF trade plus cash or something like that.