Author Topic: Loose Sight  (Read 3909 times)

Rich

Loose Sight
« on: May 18, 2012, 12:08:13 PM »
I just bought a CZ85 Combat.  Amazing weapon.  First few shots at the range were spot on.  Should be superb once I break it in and figure out it's favorite ammo.
However, the rear sight is a little loose.  There's a small amount of left-right play.  I can't see a way to tighten it.  Any suggestions?

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
Re: Loose Sight
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 07:07:43 AM »
Is the whole sight loose in the dovetail or just the sight blade? Is it so loose as to affect accuracy? I've seen a few adjustable sights that had a slightly loose blade caused by play in the adjustment screw. A good smith should be able to tighten it.
DW
CRA / NRA  Protect Your Rights
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

Rich

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 10:31:32 AM »
Thanks DeeDubya,  the sight began with a little play that didn't seem to affect accurary.  Then as I made a couple of minor sight adjustments the rear sight started sliding around in the dovetail.  I thought there would be some way to tighten, but after speaking to a gunsmith at CZ-USA the only answer was to send it in. 

Maybe next week I get to try again.

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 10:45:26 AM »
That could only mean that the sight's dovetail was milled about a 1000th too small. A new sight should solve that.
DW
CRA / NRA  Protect Your Rights
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

kneelingatlas

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 01:29:18 AM »
You can use locktight under the sight, try a new sight or just stake it.  When you stake a rear sight you use a punch to pound a depression in the slide just in front of the dovetail, pushing metal against the sight, holding it in place.