Author Topic: Non-CZ gun problems  (Read 3461 times)

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Non-CZ gun problems
« on: January 15, 2012, 08:35:22 AM »
A guy I work with has a Taurus .45 that was milled and ported. He says that after about 20 rounds, it begins to malfunction. I figured the porting is causing the barrel lugs and slide rails to become dirty and causing the problems because the barrel was either improperly ported, or he doesn't know his butt from a hat. I told him to replace the barrel, or buy a factory ported barrel to fix it. What do you guys think?

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
Re: Non-CZ gun problems
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 10:38:50 AM »
I looked for a 45 ACP Tarus barrel and could not find one.  Fire Dragon ( http://www.efkfiredragon.com/beretta-taurus2.html ) has some 9mm & 40SW barrels for $165, but no 45ACP barrels.  It looks like TarusUSA wants you to send the gun to them for repairs

Offline GM4469

• Authorized Vendor
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 10:52:17 AM »
need some more details..
how is it ported..through the slide and barrel? or just an extended barrel that is ported on the end?
what kind of malfunctions

Taurus 45- 1911, PT series or 24/7 series gun?
czcustom.com
stuart@czcustom.com

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 07:50:30 PM »
Evidently they milled holes in the slide and ported the barrel about 1/2 an inch from the end, and from what he described it was a PT series.

Offline GM4469

• Authorized Vendor
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 07:59:42 PM »
depending on malfunctions..the porting if effective ( which usually in 45acp it is not ) it may bleed enough gas off to change the recoil impulse so there is too much spring.
otherwise depending on how it was cut, there could be interference as the slide moves back.

these are just blind guesses in the dark without knowing what the exact malfunctions are
czcustom.com
stuart@czcustom.com

b5.5dan

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 11:52:11 PM »
Interesting problem. My ported Witness in .45 eats up 100 rounds at a time. No problems, other than that it needs to be re-sprung.