Author Topic: VZ2008  (Read 6343 times)

Viking

VZ2008
« on: March 14, 2011, 05:19:47 PM »
Does anyone have a VZ 2008 AK like rifle? How do you like it?

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: VZ2008
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 03:27:47 PM »
    I own a Saiga which is pictured on here somewhere. Thats as close to an AK as I'm ever going to get. Personal reasons that also carry over to a pathological dislike and distrust of M16, AR 14, and or any other weapon that has a ammunition setter Assist built into the weapon itself.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Viking

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 06:55:10 PM »
I'm not an AR15 fan either. I just found out that the VZ2008 sporter is a copy of the real VZ.
The sporter is assembled by Century arms. The real VZ was made by CZ and cost about $500 more.
The Saiga has a more practical magazine. When I go to the range I'll put 5 to 10 rounds in at a time. I don't really need a 30 round mag. Having said that, I would still like to own a high capacity magazine in case the shit hits the fan.
It seems it's hard to find high cap mags for the saiga and low cap mags for the various AK 47/74 rifles.

redlegrifle

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 10:30:40 PM »
I shot the Vz. 58 in the Army about 20 years ago, I thought it was a nice little rifle.  Good out to about 200 meters I'm sure it would shoot better with real good ammo ( is there such a thing as real good 7.62x39?)

The only thing I didn't like was the stock was some weird  wood chips and glue kind of thing.   

Viking

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 08:08:45 PM »
7.62 x 39 is so cheap that not many companies make very much of it in brass cases. Years ago, I had some Remington and some Winchester. Both shot very good. I saved the brass in case I ever got the urge to reload it.
Then I noticed the Remington had large rifle primers and the Winchester had small rifle primers, so I gave up on that idea and decided to just shoot the steel cases.
I find the Silver Bear ammo seems to work the best and it's a little cleaner then Wolf or Tula.
Since I made this post, I aquired a Bulgarian ( assembled by Century ) AK 74 which shoots the 5.45 x 39.
Accurate inexspensive and fun to shoot.