Author Topic: New 527, What Scope?  (Read 3793 times)

Offline warrendee

New 527, What Scope?
« on: June 25, 2012, 05:57:57 AM »
Hi, new member here and new owner of a 527 carbine 223, trying to decide on what kind of glass to mount. I'm looking at the Nikon P223 3X. it appears to be very compact, which is what I like,  and I'm wondering if it will fit with sufficient eye relief. will it work with the CZ rings supplied with the rifle. Any info appreciated. If anyone has any suggestions for a similar, light, short scope, I'd appreciate hearing about them
TIA
Warren

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: New 527, What Scope?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 07:56:25 AM »
           This one is WAY outside my area and or pay grade BUT I would very much like to welcome you to our Forum! Great bunch of folks, and we all try to pitch in to help each other as much as possible. If we can't help directly then we do our best to point folks in the direction that will get them the information they seek. By the same token if you happen to come across a question you can answer then go ahead, we don't care how many posts anyone makes before they try helping. That's just silly as far as I am concerned. We also don't but anyone done for asking so called stupid or Noob questins. First off I hate the word Noob, Second everyone everywhere is going to be new at something no matter how smart they are (Really or imagined) and Third the Only stupid question is the one you don't ask and you or someone gets hurt somehow.

As I said Long Guns are not my thing but we do have shooters here and I think someone should be along soon to help with your question. Welcome again and best wishes.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
Re: New 527, What Scope?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 05:35:30 PM »
The P223 might be just a little bit short. It was designed for a self-loading rifle with Picatinny rail.

The Weaver Grand Slam 3-10x works very well on the 527 in .223. The bottom end is good for dead on standing shots down to 5m or so, and (nominal) 10x is good for picking out shots on paper targets at 100m. I have also used the same scope on a .30-06, for 500 yard target shooting. The Weaver will work very nicely with those rings.
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.