Author Topic: CZ-527 SAFETY NOISE  (Read 4015 times)

foto

CZ-527 SAFETY NOISE
« on: April 30, 2012, 02:26:07 AM »
Just got my second cz-527, a carbine in 7.62 and realize I now have a issue with the safety. The other one is a varmint that  is only used off a bench so the safety was never even used.  This one is intended for hunting and i have noticed a loud distinctive click that it makes when I move it to fire. Due to the design of the safety I cannot slowly move the safety to fire from the safe position becaue I cannot get leverage on the lever. It simply falls very loudly. I hunt in very wooded areas and shots are close and that loud click is a definite issue when a deer is 20 yards away and staring at you.. I can drop the safety slowly and quietly but then i have to use two hands. Is there a simple replacement lever that would allow my thumb better leverage on the safety or a replacement safety for this gun? I have no problem with backwards movement(relative to other guns) but the loud click and inability to quickly and quietly move the safety to fire with one hand is an issue. Any help or info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: CZ-527 SAFETY NOISE
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 04:28:41 PM »
           Hello! and Welcome to our Forum. Always nice to meet new folks. I only own a 550 UCS so there isn't much I can do to answer your questions, but I did want you to know someone had seen it and that someone else may be able to answer your question, at least differently than the answer I am going to give you now.

Try calling CZ-USA and talk to one of the blacksmith's there, the CZ-USA President and at least one other Senior Management person are not just hunters, they are BIG as in huge critters and if you think hearing a click is less than desirable they trust me those folks Really don't want to have to deal with any extraneous noises when they are looking at a couple tons of critter. or a smaller one that moves so fast you had best hope you wearing track shoes and can shoot backwards while you run.  :laugh: , Not that I would like to be staring down a Buck or Mose, or for that matter a bear ANY bear, unless it was either Smoky or Yogi.

So I would think that someone (one of the Blacksmith's)there would have an idea how to address your problem. If that fails, which would suprise me a little, then call CZCustom and talk to those folks, I think they are all some sort of Wizard's or close to it when it comes to firearms and I' think I remember seeing they work on longguns also.

I'm sorry but thats the best I can do to help. 
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 03:10:49 PM »
foto

1. Dry-firing practice may help with quietening down mechanical noise, by breaking in the action.

2. Also, with all due respect, as part of the safety instruction we deliver to would-be firearms users, my colleagues and I teach the semi-ready position, as follows:

(a) when you see a game animal (or believe that you are to see one) raise the bolt handle and pull it back;
(b) move the bolt forward so that it feeds a round from the magazine but stop the bolt movement so that you can still see the back end of the case NB you will have to push the bolt all the way in and turn it down if using a push-feed rifle and then open the action again;
(c) keep your master hand parallel to the barrel (and against the stock) with the bolt handle secured between your thumb and forefinger so that the bolt cannot move forward;
(d) if you get the opportunity to take a safe shot, i.e. positive target identification combined with safe field of fire, take it;
(e) if you do not get such an opportunity, return the cartridge to the magazine and "close over empty".

Typos corrected 5-5-12
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 10:20:06 PM by ZG47 »
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 04:20:10 PM »
           ZG47! Thank you for that post. I really don't hunt because I am rank with a longgun but that drill has a lot of all the time use in it depending on the situation I would think. I certainly would not have thought of that, but hopefully if I ever take a hunting class that instructor will have the same instructions.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice