Author Topic: Range Reports with Proof, er, Pictures  (Read 87924 times)

Online chfields

• Administrator
Re: Range Reports with Proof, er, Pictures
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2012, 10:13:23 PM »
Android is still superior tho...... :tongue:
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

b5.5dan

« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2012, 10:17:11 PM »
Do they have an app for Android?
That is SirGillian's app. So it should say "do YOU have an app for android?"  :cheesy:
I can't wait until I can go back to shooting at least twice a month so I can get the most out of the data.
Anyway, I didn't snap targets today, but here is my new toy (f it will let me upload)

Edit. Guess not...  :cry:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 10:18:49 PM by b5.5dan »

b5.5dan

« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2012, 10:24:40 PM »

There we go. Not a CZ, but still a barrel of monkeys!

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2012, 10:28:58 PM »
Tell us about that pistol. Never seen one.

b5.5dan

« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2012, 10:36:42 PM »
I'd be glad to!  :cheesy:
It's a Sarsilmaz ST-10. Sarsilmaz makes some nice CZ75 clones, and while I was looking at them, this came up. It is, in many ways, an H&K clone mixed with some CZ. Looking at it you can see how much it resembles the USP. Big difference (apart from $500) is that this has an alloy frame rather than the poly. 16+1 9mm capacity, shoots like a dream. I think I have some internals pics around here...
*scurries off to the pic vault*

So, it's pretty straightforward. Shoots like a dream, actually conceals very nicely considering its size (full size combat), relatively light... I just really like it. CZ75 mags fit in but don't catch. I suspect that some adjustments to the mag catch would make them fit, feed, and function. They look exactly the same, and when I took it out with my SP-01, I thought that the SP-01 had its first failure in 2000 rounds. Turns out I had just inserted the Sar ST-10 mag by mistake...  :rolleyes: :laugh:

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2012, 10:40:23 PM »
Very nice. Thanks.

Online chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2012, 10:43:20 PM »
Very interesting....
CZ 75B SA
CZ Rami BD 9MM
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Proud Army Dad

b5.5dan

« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2012, 10:44:09 PM »
I really like it. Here's a brief and rather lame vid of me shooting it. It shows the target at the end, but only for a second lol

Online chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2012, 10:46:09 PM »
Do they have an app for Android?
That is SirGillian's app. So it should say "do YOU have an app for android?"  :cheesy:
I can't wait until I can go back to shooting at least twice a month so I can get the most out of the data.
Anyway, I didn't snap targets today, but here is my new toy (f it will let me upload)

Edit. Guess not...  :cry:
Well sirgilligan, if you do decide to make an Android app let me know..it looks pretty cool...
CZ 75B SA
CZ Rami BD 9MM
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Proud Army Dad

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2012, 10:14:32 AM »
Dan, I can't believe.you cheated on me.
Brokenhearted,
-CZ USA-

LOL! I'm thinking I'm going to wait for.the 2013 97B with the light rail to come out before I wade into the 45acp market. I'm also going to modify the mags so I can get 14+1 capacity.  Extended base plates and cut a couple coils off.the mag spring. GM4469 says it wont affect the function. Mua ha ha ha!!!

kneelingatlas

« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2012, 11:19:10 AM »
Henning's tanfo mag bases?

b5.5dan

« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2012, 02:34:50 PM »
Dan, I can't believe.you cheated on me.
Brokenhearted,
-CZ USA-

LOL! I'm thinking I'm going to wait for.the 2013 97B with the light rail to come out before I wade into the 45acp market. I'm also going to modify the mags so I can get 14+1 capacity.  Extended base plates and cut a couple coils off.the mag spring. GM4469 says it wont affect the function. Mua ha ha ha!!!
I just couldn't pass this one up. It's the one, however, that ended my clone fascination, so it's back to CZ (after this Sig 1911 and the Taurus Saturday  :laugh: :laugh: )
I got rid of my .45 ACP stuff since what I had was... not great, but if CZ is going to make a railed 97, then that will be my next .45. I really wish they would make a 10mm... It's not going to happen, but MAN would that be the dog's bollocks!

kneelingatlas

« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2012, 03:59:27 PM »
I really wish they would make a 10mm... It's not going to happen, but MAN would that be the dog's bollocks!

I owned both the 97B and the Witness long slide in 45 and 10mm; the CZ has a tighter slide, but that's it.  The Witness grip is smaller from font to back, although the share the same mag, the sights sit low on the hand like a 75, and the slide doesn't have all that extra metal on top like the 97.  Plus for the price of a 97 you can get an upgraded Witness.

b5.5dan

« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2012, 04:22:12 PM »
Yeah. I have an Elite Match in 10mm and it is an absolutely MAGNIFICENT pistol. Dead accurate, pleasure to shoot... Got a 20# recoil spring and a cone fit guide rod for it and it is tight as a drum!

kneelingatlas

« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2012, 05:22:37 PM »
I just got back from the range shooting my TS with the lightened slide and the CZ race hammer installed; it feels pretty good!  I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I think I prefer the heaviest hammer spring I tried today.  I tried the 11.5#, 13# and the 18# (I didn't bother with the 8.5# or the 7.5# since I have a stock length firing pin); the trigger pulls range from 1#, 2oz with the 7.5# spring installed to 1#, 10oz with the 18# hammer spring.  It's not like 1#, 10 oz is heavy, but I have always liked the trigger as light as I can get it however, the 18# hammer spring absorbs the energy of the slide way better.  I'm also going to order some heavy recoil springs and try them out.  Just when I had this gun all figured out, I cut the side up and now I'm back to square one!

PS: After the slide was cut, I tried a Sprinco recoil reducer and hated it; I tried it with buffers, without buffers, with six different spring weights, but it was bouncy and I could not tell and reduction in recoil.