Author Topic: Tristar C-100 and Canik Stingray-C  (Read 7385 times)

Alpaca

Tristar C-100 and Canik Stingray-C
« on: June 11, 2013, 07:45:02 PM »

From left to right, Canik Stingray-C, CZ 75B and Tristar C-100.

I have had my CZ 75B for several years and absolutely love it.  It's my favorite gun to shoot, I have been thinking about getting another when I started reading about the Canik pistols.  I bought the Tristar C-100 at Academy and liked it so much that I ordered the Stingray-C from J&G.

My modifications so far are VZ grips on both Canik's and Meprolight night sights on the C-100.

My impressions on the triggers are that the CZ has by far the best double action trigger.  The CZ and Stingray are very close when it comes to single action... the CZ has a more precise feel in single action, but slightly longer pull, while the stingray has a slightly shorter pull but  feels a tiny bit gritty (Stringray is brand new and has never been fired).

The C-100 has the worst trigger of the three.  The C-100 has a slightly heavier double action pull and the longest single action pull.

I look forward to getting some more range time with the C-100 and to bringing out the Stingray for the first time!  I ordered the three spring kit from Cagun Gun Works and plan to install that on the C-100 to see if I can improve the trigger.

Online chfields

• Administrator
Re: Tristar C-100 and Canik Stingray-C
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 08:29:35 PM »
Welcome to our forum!! Those are very nice looking pistols! Feel free to ask/answer any questions you may have as everyone here is very friendly and willing to help. Please give us a range report when you return....

Again, welcome to our forum!!
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad