Author Topic: Front and back sites  (Read 4595 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Front and back sites
« on: February 11, 2011, 08:52:46 PM »
One of the Shadows is missing both the front and rear sites, I bought it online from someone that way. I haven't decided what to get to replace them with other than putting a fiber optic front site on. Even then that is not written in concrete yet so if it was up to you what would you replace them with?
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
Re: Front and back sites
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 08:35:15 AM »
GW,
My .02 would be to keep it stock with the 3-dot. Unless it's a Shadow T or Target which have some other special features. I don't spend the extra money on Tritiums anymore. Why? Because in 40+ years of shooting, I have never had the opportunity to use them. They just dim over time (half-life) and become less visible than white dots. For target shooting I prefer black sights.
Strange that someone would sell a (non-scopeable) handgun without sights. I could see changing them to different sights, but then wouldn't one still have the old ones to put back on?
DW
CRA / NRA  Protect Your Rights
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 12:38:34 PM »
I believe the orginal sites were Target sites and he kept them when he sold the slide. But thanks for the advise and I think that is what I will do. I actually perfer fixed sites since I know there is little chance that they will move even a little bit if the weapon takes a hard knock somehow.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 09:29:52 AM »
I'm thinking about trying the HIVIZ fiber optic sights. At Midway Goto Gunsmithing - CZ by make - plenty sights to choose from.
DW
CRA / NRA  Protect Your Rights
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles