Author Topic: I got a Kadet!  (Read 6102 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
I got a Kadet!
« on: November 11, 2011, 08:45:48 AM »
             I sold my Kadet kit, because I really didn't want to keep swapping slides out so I could use it. Never even got to fire it once. Just could not bring myself to take a slide off a working pistol, not even to make a different working pistol. Yes I Know I'm Weird.

Anywho, I found an entire Kadet with box and everything but the manual that was not used much at all. An for a good price. Now I have a full on .22 Kadet and I'm going to go to the range some day and actually shoot it, Hopefully before February.  :laugh: Actually I have about 6 pistols I need to run through the range and I need to get off my tokas and go shooting, if I can get my ankle to work with me.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline sirgilligan

Re: I got a Kadet!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 03:59:09 PM »
That sound great. I have been wanting a .22 for a while. I want the Browning 1911 22LR.

Sorry to hear you have an ankle giving you grief.

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 06:28:09 AM »
I sometimes have trouble with my left ankle and sometimes my right knee.
Get a folding chair and take it with you to the range.  Just being able to sit for a while usually helps.  If I have to I shoot sitting.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 07:14:47 AM »
          Yep and thanks. I actually have a crushed heel, and in the process of screwing and bolting it back together the Don fused my Ankle, That injury and the repair limits my walking, standing or sitting through out the day. Add to that, the part where it swells up, and torn ligaments in both knees, and walking across uneven surfaces, (dirt, grass, rocks, shells etc.) Sort of takes the fun out of something I love to do. But I still do it, and I will as often as possible. For as long as possible.  :grin: Part of it I believe is that I hate to shoot alone, It's a long way to schlep my stuff and then set it up. Makes it to much like work, and not enough fun.

OK, OK you can put the fiddle away, I get the point, "stop whining and haul your butt out to that range, we want to see picture's of pistols and targets" I'm going, I'm going. no pushing back there. :cool:

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 08:01:57 AM »
OK, OK you can put the fiddle away, I get the point, "stop whining and haul your butt out to that range, we want to see picture's of pistols and targets" I'm going, I'm going. no pushing back there.

No one is offering any cheese (if you are aware of the old saying).

Heck, I don't even own any guns, I just down load pictures of guns and targets and say their mine!  :grin: I wanted that to be stated in the internet log in case there are ever any legal question about it.  :cheesy:

I feel for your injury. One of my best friends fell 28" and shattered both ankles. He landed in such a way the force went up his legs and he didn't shatter his knees, but the lower three vertebrae exploded. He was even lucky on that, they exploded outward evenly and no pieces even touched the spinal chord. Several cadaver parts, several screws, pins, wire, and silly putty and he is up and about and does pretty good considering.

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 05:43:38 PM »
You better bring that when you come visit!!! It will be a large determining factor if I buy one with my income tax return.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 12:52:07 PM »
well Duh! Good thing I have a Honda Pilot, since I am going to be bringing one or 6 of my weapons with me. :laugh:

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 01:19:19 PM »
         BTW I just ordered 6 mags from CZ-USA for the Kadet, mostly because they only hold 10 rnds. I thought I saw somewhere that there were .22 mags for the Kadet that held more than a measly 10 rnds. If I wanted to have 10 rnd mags for anything other than competing I would move to the land of Loony Tunes and Micky Mouse.

Any ideas? I know sometimes I think I saw something, but it turned out I was wrong or just to late getting back to where I found the item. But this time. I'm really fairly almost kinda positive I saw .22 mags for more than 10 rnds?
 :embarrassed:

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 06:01:22 PM »
I saw a Kadet mag mod that increased the round count to 15 or 20, I can't remember. Let me check real quick.

FOUND IT!!!

http://home.netcom.com/~uzisubgun/id7.html

Its a step by step mod. If you do it, better use cheap promag bodies. I wouldn't cut up a $50 CZ magazine.

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 06:09:25 PM »
Also, I bet you could make it a 14 rounder with just the kadet body by shortening the follower. Thats how they made 13 rnd mags for the P22, just cut it off shorter.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 09:41:49 PM »
           Thanks for the post, and I really do mean that, because I think some of our members will like to try that. But I am not what anyone would consider craft wise. (translation: All thumbs). Guess I'll keep looking or just keep loading the 10 rounders a lot. Seems weird that no one has come up with a double stack .22 mag that holds more than 10 or even a single stack.

What if you sliced the top off the 9mm follower, and the bottom off the .22 follower, glued them together used a worn out or tired spring from the 9mm or by one? then mate up 2 full size 15 round mags (top off of one the bottom of the other)put the modified follower in, then add the spring. put the floor plate back in and there ya go? Not that I have a clue what I'm talking about, but it seems better than wasting more than half a magazine.
         ya, Sundance, I have 20/20 vision and the rest of the world wear bi-focals.  :cool: :rolleyes: :laugh:

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 06:13:42 PM »
I think it'd just be easier to trim the leg on the follower. That way you can get 5 extra rounds in. Takes nothing more than a sharp knife or saw. You just have to be careful not to cut off too much. Trial and error may be the only way here. I couldn't find anywhere that sells Kadet mag followers, but you may be able to purchase them from the factory, even if theyre not listed on the website.

If you're feeling ballsy, then try trimming 1/4 of the material off the bottom of the follower and see how many more rounds you can get in. Fire and Keep doing it until the mag wont feed. Yes, you ruined one follower, but if you bought an extra beforehand, now you know exactly how much to take off and you can share the info with the rest of us.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 03:20:45 PM »
Thanks for the idea. Not like I don't have a spare mag I can sacrifice, along with some more or less tired mag springs.

Offline trafficlawyer

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 06:31:16 PM »
I picked up a NIB Kadet last month for $650.00 out the door, box, docs included, shoots great. :smiley:

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 06:34:37 PM »
Congrats on the Kadet kit!! Makes shooting affordable.....
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad