Author Topic: Picked Up my CZ 82 Today  (Read 7301 times)

CZ04FT

Picked Up my CZ 82 Today
« on: June 03, 2012, 08:54:01 PM »
I went to my FFL today and picked up my CZ 82 purchased from J&G Sales. It is in very good condition. I'm very pleased.
The grips are scratched and had a rough treatment, but still serviceable.

CZ82-1 001a by fmtipps, on Flickr

I like the fact that the safety and the magazine release is ambidextrous. I don't know if my left-handed friends will give it back to me if I let them shoot it.

CZ82-1 006 by fmtipps, on Flickr

The paint has been worn off the sights. I might try dotting the back sights and filling the front sight grove with White-Out.

CZ82-1 008 by fmtipps, on Flickr

It is a little temperamental when trying to open the trigger guard. It will close easier if you push up on the inside of the trigger guard in front of the trigger.

CZ82-1 012 by fmtipps, on Flickr

The inside of the barrel is amazing! And it is so easy to clean.

CZ82-1 017 by fmtipps, on Flickr

Now do I buy more or go after CZ 50, 52 or 70? Maybe I should look for one of the Takarov models to build my C&R collection.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
Re: Picked Up my CZ 82 Today
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 09:07:17 PM »
First of all, congrats on the new purchase...secondly.....so many choices.....
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Powerpuff boy

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 09:20:10 AM »
Congratulations! 

The gun looks like it is in a very good/excellent condition.  It took me a bit of practice to open the trigger guard.  It would get easier. For some reason, if I watch CZ83 video at CZ USA' website, it was very easy.  If not I struggled.

I think it would be worth redoing the dots in the rear sights and add some color to the front.  I did re-dotting ( I tried different colors, but the white turned out to be the best).  I put  a fluorescent red tape for cars on the front site and coated with a nail polisher.  I go to an indoor range.  Much easier to see.

Anyway, congratulation for an excellent purchase.   Let us know how it shoots.

CZ04FT

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 11:23:54 AM »
Thanks, guys!

I just checked at my local Walmart. They didn't have any 9x18 Makarov ammo. I have seen some at Turner's Outdoorsman. I'll try there again. I forgot to ask if the indoor range carried any.

I have some white acrylic paint in a small hobby jar. I'll try dotting the sights with that using a toothpick.

I forgot to mention that the trigger feels very smooth and is light. I might have to dig out my fishing gage and measure the pull. There is some take up in the trigger, but it breaks clean after that point.

I'm really torn between what to get next. I would like to get two more CZ 82's. I found a place that will chrome them at a fairly reasonable price. I would like to keep this one for my range gun, send the next one to be chromed and keep as a pretty piece, and use the last as my learn-how-to-take-it-apart-and-get-it-back-together tool.

If I find the ammo, I'll take it to the range on Wednesday. I have 3 10 round magazines, so it won't take me long to go through a box of 50. I better buy a couple of boxes while I'm at. I have the feeling it won't take me long to get to really love this gun.

Powerpuff boy

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 12:07:45 PM »
Definitely you should get 2 boxes, at least.   The first box disappeared very fast for me.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 05:21:46 PM »

I have put a lot more than 50 or a 100 through mine, they are that much fun to shoot. I think I went through a couple hundred at least before I even realised I had, luckily that was all I took with me.  Good thing for me that I bought a spam can of surplus 9 x 18 or I would be in real trouble.

I would very much recommend getting the 52 or the actual Russian TT 33 Tok. Hard as hell to find, but there are a bunch of models made in pretty much every Eastern Bloc Countries, and China. Does China count as an Eastern Bloc Country? Most of those are inferior to the Russian made one but I seem to remember saying something about one of the countries being almost as good if not better, but not sure if they said/were talking about  the Tok or the Mak. Pretty sure Cuba does sorry did. Also finding one (Russian Made TT 33) that didn't have the B**t**d Safety added to it so it could be imported is even harder.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 11:33:22 AM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

CZ04FT

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 01:37:54 PM »
I found some white enamel model paint in the garage. After stirring, I painted the dots on the rear sight and the slot on the front sight using a toothpick.

CZ82-1 019 by fmtipps, on Flickr

I still haven't bought ammo locally yet. I'll make a few phone calls to see if anyone have some on hand. When I have it, I'll head to the range.

Powerpuff boy

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 01:39:54 PM »
It looks pretty nice!  You have don a good job.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 01:54:28 PM »
Looks sharp!!
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 11:34:58 AM »
Very nice job with the paint. And congradulations again on getting such a nice pistol.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

cameramon

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 11:22:11 AM »
CZ04FT, Congrats on the CZ-82 purchase. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine. Don't worry about the scratches, etc. They mean nothing. The vz.82 is about as rugged a gun as you will find anywhere. If cosmetics are really important to you, AIM Surplus is selling vz.82's that look brand new for the same price as J&G. I bought one two months ago that appears never to have been fired. AIM also has some of the best deals on Makarov ammo. (Their $10/box Novosibirsk is very reliable and accurate.)I like your shopping list for future CZ purchases. The vz.70 is NOT a C&R gun, even though it is 99% identical to the vz.50 which IS a C&R gun. I have two beat up vz.70's that are an absolute dream to shoot... probably more fun that any other gun I own. You will love it!Hint: If you buy a vz.70, I recommend Fiocchi 73gr leadless FMJ. It's the hottest .32ACP FMJ round available and will cycle through the gun properly. American ammo like Remington tends to be underpowered and may cause the gun to hang.Have fun with your vz.82!!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 02:46:51 PM by cameramon »

lklawson

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 01:25:27 PM »
int: If you buy a vz.70, I recommend Fiocchi 73gr leadless FMJ. It's the hottest .32ACP FMJ round available and will cycle through the gun properly. American ammo like Remington tends to be underpowered and may cause the gun to hang.
U.S. made .32ACP ammo is also known to have different rim & belt dimensions which have been noted to cause feed and (especially) extraction problems in Euro designed guns.  In the case of .32ACP guns, Euro guns get Euro ammo.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

cameramon

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 07:22:25 PM »
Don't want to deviate from the thread too much, but you're absolutely right about the American .32ACP ammo. When I tried the Remington rounds, they kept hanging in the mouth of the magazine itself, as if they were not correctly made for the mag. The Fiocchi ammo, on the other hand, fed through the gun in a mighty way. Best of all, you can buy Fiocchi for about $10 a box, which is a pretty good price.

Powerpuff boy

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 08:16:54 PM »
That's a really good price.   I think Midway USA carries Fiocchi .32 for about $15.50....

cameramon

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 08:49:53 PM »
That's a really good price.   I think Midway USA carries Fiocchi .32 for about $15.50....

AIM Surplus, which I've always had success with, has it for $10.5 right now. They ran a sale for about $10 a few months ago. They're selling near mint CZ-82's right now as well.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=AF32FMJ73&name=Fiocchi+.32acp+73grn+FMJ+50rd+Box&groupid=28