Author Topic: Need a new range bag - Got ideas?  (Read 6450 times)

frenchie50

Need a new range bag - Got ideas?
« on: October 19, 2011, 06:50:28 PM »
Hello all:

As my collection grows my old bag (no jokes about wives or girlfriends) is woefully inadequate. My birthday and Christmas are fast arriving so I'd like to throw not so subtle hints at family about what I'd like. Minimum requirements are:

1) hold at least three pistols
2) mag holders
3) misc. space for "things"
4) water bottle holder optional
5) really would like to buy a bag made in the USA
6) keep the price reasonable (but since it will be a gift, what the heck, go for it all)

I await your opinions

frenchie50

ninjab

Re: Need a new range bag - Got ideas?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 08:14:55 PM »
for high quality made in usa bags I would definately look at filson, the sportsmans bag seems about the right size and lots of pockets http://www.hanksclothing.com/filson-_sportsmans_bag_style_266-_otter_green_buy.html
Pricey, and not specifically made for pistols. But, it would work well to just toss seperate pistol sleeves or small bags in.

Otherwise it seems many recommend the inexpensive made in china midwayusa bag http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/939259680/midwayusa-competition-range-bag or they also have a smaller version as well.

Offline jdr3366

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 08:23:54 PM »
That range bag is a beauty, but a bit expensive. I got a nylon zipper bag for about $5 at a local liquidation store. It works fine for my purposes.

Good luck

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 09:02:23 PM »
         You can look here. http://www.ceddaa.com/Range Bags/Range Bags.htm, may well be outside your comfort zone, especially since they appear to be made in China. I have  both the range bag and the back pack w/stool and really haven't used either of them mostly because I haven't really gotten to the range as much as I want, and I can't compete anymore so.............Anyway, it appears to be very well made. and even though the Range bag only carries 2 pistols/guns you could most likely get a Pistol/gun pouch for the third weapon and put it in the bag also. 
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

frenchie50

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 12:26:47 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.

Just looked at the cz-usa website. Has anyone out there ever seen the shooters bag offered by cz-usa?

http://shop.cz-usa.com/P-19150/Czusa-Shooters-Bag.aspx

They are pretty light on detailed information but do provide some dimensional measurements. The price seems really reasonable and it would be nice to tell the world that I carry the best.  :wink:

If all else fails I could just contact the company.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 09:13:24 AM »
         I haven't gotten a CZ range bag yet, but possibly I should, just to see for myself. Although it seems it may not hold the 3 weapons you were hoping for. I also found this link when I was looking at the Bios safes from the topic Ummagumma posted above this one. :

http://www.amazon.com/Shooters-Ridge-Compact-Field-Range/dp/B0011NACWG/ref=pd_sim_hi4

It only apparently holds one weapon but seems to have enough space to hold another one even in a pistol sleeve, and still have room for ammo and other things. Please keep us updated on which one you go with and how it works out. If I can figure out how to make pages on the Web site itself, I may start something along the lines of reviews on different things along with pictures, places to buy and cost. But I still have other things to finish that I said I wanted to do, so I may not hurry on that part.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

jessie

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 07:44:37 PM »
  how come cz usa doesn,t like canadian money seems a little weird when there is a resesion on in the usa?????

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 04:06:09 AM »
         You can look here. http://www.ceddaa.com/Range Bags/Range Bags.html

I went to this site, it appears to be hi-jacked.  On the top of the page is a box that says "Loading".  After a little while you are taken to another web site.  You may want to wait until after the holidays for them to straighten this out.

b5.5dan

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 11:00:34 PM »
The CZ USA bag is aweosme. I REALLY like this one though...

Soft range bags are nice, but the hard covered one can be a bit more practical.

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 08:14:11 AM »
I say look at www.maxpedition.com I have a few of their products and I can say with gusto that they're well built and nearly indestructable. I use a jumbo when I go to competitions, and I use the same bag everyday at work. It goes in and out of trucks, drug on the floor, thrown around, and it shows no signs of wear after about 2 years. Dirt and water just wipe off, and it has ample room for 500 rounds, 4 guns, ear protection(muffs), glasses, and drinks.