Author Topic: 09 at the range....fte's all over the place.  (Read 2896 times)

ritepath

09 at the range....fte's all over the place.
« on: September 13, 2014, 08:48:26 PM »
Well not exactly....however.com 4.5 gr of Titegroup and Power pistol aren't enough to cycle the pistol unless you have wrists of steel.

I normally shoot 5.0 PP and 4.7 TG with my Shield but I tried to make some powder puff loads for the CZ. Oops...my bad. If I gripped it like a crazy man it would cycle pretty good but that meant opening up my groups. All in all I shot 80 rounds today, I really like this gun. I've got 400 cases in the tumbler now...

I did run 20 rounds of factory loads at the end of the day without issue.  Wish they'd sell a 10mm version.

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: 09 at the range....fte's all over the place.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 09:06:12 PM »
11lb recoil spring should solve that. Usually, most cz pistols come with a 17lb spring which is used for 124grn nato loads.

ritepath

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 08:48:47 AM »
I suppose I could go with a CGW non captive stainless guide rod and try another pound spring.

I have a new 124gr no grove mold on order from Hardline Industries to replace my LEE 124 TC (small grove) mold.

So I'm kinda of married to the 124gr weight.

Stock assembly to keep for HD, and a play spring assembly.    Sold!  Now to do the research.

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 01:34:35 PM »
Well the 11lb is for 115gr, so you might want a 13lb so you dont beat your gun to death.

ritepath

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 04:45:20 PM »
I was also wrong about the grains of titegroup...I actually tried 3.5 grains  Oops....

Wonder if they make a wire wound recoil spring like sigs have.