Author Topic: Thoughts on the P-01?  (Read 25391 times)

undrlord

Re: Thoughts on the P-01?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 11:20:34 AM »
Was it a factory look or aftermarket?

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 11:24:43 AM »
      CZ-RAMI or some one else will need to answer this one at least the "factory look" part. I can make a guess that the "After Market" part means Custom made and not the same style as the Orginal Factory installed grips. Actually that answer may apply to the first part of your question except in reverse. But I would still like to here CZ-RAMI's defination.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

undrlord

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 11:25:53 AM »
Ghost what post are you referring to for us to look at?

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 11:35:27 AM »
oh sorry I guess I really wasn't that clear. opps.  :o

• CZForum.com »
  • General Firearms Discussion »
  • Molds for Custom Holsters and Grips

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

undrlord

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2011, 02:45:03 PM »
I might be pulling off topic here but is the main difference between the P01 and the SP01 the physical size, barrel length, capacity and all the other things that go along.  Basically is it a full size version of the P01?

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 03:28:20 PM »
for what ever it's worth no you are not off topic. This is the P01 room and that is a question based on or around the P01.

The P-01 is a compact, alloy framed decocker model with light rail

The CZ 75 SP-01 is the first full size handgun (4.72” bbl) from CZ to feature the improved manufacturing technology and ergonomics of the NATO approved CZ 75 Compact P-01 model.   So I'm going to go with the SP-01 is bigger and the P01 and I'm guessing here the SP-01 is bigger in all dimensions. Well that and the P01 won't accept the Kadet Kit

undrlord

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011, 08:09:06 PM »
Ok.....I have for sure decided that I want to go with the CZ.  I have thought about it a lot and I have found NOTHING bad for anyone to say about it.  I am still a little leery on holsters for now, but at least I have decided on the make :)

Now I am starting to confuse myself on whether or not I want to do the P01 or the SP01.  I want a good gun that is very accurate and fun at the range or for taking these type of handgun schools with.  I like that the SP01 has more capacity and the longer barrel but I don't know if the additional weight of it will make me fatigue quicker if shooting a lot.  Also if I want to carry this weapon is the SP01 to big for it?

Such difficult questions to answer right now.  I need to get my hands on the SP01 and decide from there.  Then I need to decide where to try and buy it from.  I am leaning to CZ Custom just because they can modify it for me right there without me having to ship there and then ship back.  I am open to suggestions....LOL

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2011, 08:32:52 PM »
     Well I will say the SP01 is a tad on the heavier than some, and I think carrying the weight would be a call on your part, But I have 4 of the Shadows and 2 of the CZCustom Shadow Competitions. I’m going to have HBE or Tauris make a set of Holsters for both types to see how they carry. I do have the CZ Ghost holster for the Shadow Customs for Competition but its Kaydex(sp?) which is fine for competing but I prefer hide for day to day carry. I’ll probably ask High Noon also to see what they have. I do have one of their holsters and I do really like it. We shall see. There are just so many Great Custom Holster Makers that I think it only fair to try to spread my purchases out.

Mountain Walker

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 05:47:50 PM »
Undrlord:
Save yourself some money.   You could send your 229 to Sig factory for service and replacement of small parts and springs.   They do this for $89 and can throw in new night sites for $139.  With recent service, it is unlikely that you will need a second gun and could rent one of theirs in 40SW at the school.

If you want to buy the CZ P-01,  it is really cool gun that has some very interesting collector's interest and a darn good shooter to boot.  The action job should bring that action up to a very good level. Note that the P-01 is 27 oz with empty mag, while the P229 weighs in at 33oz. 

Really nice that you and your dad are going to have a good time together.  Looking at the Front Sight web site this seems like a highly commercialized organization that pushes lifetime memberships. 

There are other trainers out there that might be worth a look to compare prices and value.
 http://www.thunderranchinc.com/cost.html
 http://www.gunsite.com/main/

Check out Google with something like "Problems with XXX XXXXXX"  as part of consumer due diligence.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 06:20:58 PM by Mountain Walker »

undrlord

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 10:25:44 AM »
I appreciate the input but my idea of a gun collection is to have guns of different calibers and makes (if you like other makes out there).  I like ALL kinds of guns so I have to be pretty picky about which one I choose to buy when I get a chance since it might be a year before I can buy another one.

I love my Sig and will never get rid of it, but it is not in need of new springs or anything like that right now.  I would rather not take a .40 with me to the school due to ammo prices and since I will be doing a ton or reloading while there I might as well take advantage of the additional round capacity of a 9mm.

My dad went through Front Sight last year with my mom and they had a blast.  I think that it is very cool that they are offering lifetime memberships for a super good price.  They just ran a special that was a lifetime membership for $300.  If I lived closer I would have probably jumped on that deal.  The class we are doing only cost us $70.  I know if you look on the site the prices say like $2k for the same class but if you sign up for the emailers then you will get notice of all kinds of crazy priced deals.

Mountain Walker

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 05:04:15 PM »
That really makes a lot of sense.  The CZ is a nice shooter and I think it will absolutely hold up for your course.  Factory 9mm is very reasonable and seems like a cost effective solution for your class.    Sounds like you are going to have a good time.

undrlord

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 06:35:44 PM »
I sure hope it is because I am really looking forward to it...haha.

Mountain Walker

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 09:59:31 PM »
I was thinking that you have first hand knowledge from your folks that G. S. does a good job and that it will be fun.  Additionally, you will be spending quality time with your Dad.  I recall some great outdoor experiences with my Dad and it sounds like you will also get to share a good experience together.  It's the kind of thing we can reflect on later and have very good memories and some great stories to tell that we couldn't  even imagine before they happened.   Life is short and these experiences are some of best things in life.

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2011, 10:50:49 AM »
Wow, I checked out FrontSight. You have got to be kidding about the prices for that place. Thats ludicris for the time spent there. I sincerely doubt that I could benefit enough from 2 days of instruction to make me want to pay the $1000 price tag. I can get a $20 video and practice for a week solid, shooting 500rnds a day and still get out about $200 cheaper.

undrlord

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 08:25:50 AM »
That is what I am saying also.  They have all of these crazy prices listed online, but when you sign up for their email letters they will also send out "savings".  For instance....when my mom and dad took the same 4 day class last year my dad ended up paying $300 and then a month later my mom paid like $100.  After they attended they were given the option to purchase as many 4 day classes as they could for $70 each....so they bought 4.

They also just got finished running a special for the lifetime membership for $300 instead of the advertised $10,000 or whatever it was.  I really wish they would open something like this on the east coast so I wouldn't have to travel all the way to Nevada from TN.