Author Topic: My favorite 2 52's  (Read 12578 times)

Berserker

Re: My favorite 2 52's
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 12:56:21 PM »
Actually not much painful, because they are mostly pretty heavy. Mass is about 8 pounds. They have also longer barrels with muzzle breaks, the cartridge is made primarily for them, so energy is used better. And, when fighting for your home and beloved ones, there is no pain in shooting.
Ugly, yes. Wartime weapons developed quickly, with low cost, extremely simple, produced in huge quantities, but still pretty effective.

The last one is interesting, because it was first submachine gun where breech block is hollow and located around the barrel (longer part of the barrel is inside of the breech block). It causes shorter length of the weapon. The same system of the breech block was used for UZI, but vz.23/25 was first.

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 02:57:47 PM »
They actually make a clone of that PPSH in 22lr. It also has a 50rnd drum.

I wouldn't mind having one, but I'd have to try and find a square barrel shroud for it.

You can find it here.

Theres also a more updated and tactical looking version.

You can find it here.

The drums are here.

I know, off topic, just thought I'd spread some knowledge. ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 03:07:55 PM by Angryvikingman »

Viking

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 05:42:09 PM »
Nice pictures. That's the gun I was talking about. They must be a blast to shoot.
Right now, there is a gun from Finland called the Soumi which is very simulair but shoots the 9mm out there on the surplus market.
Didn't this coversation start with 52's? Well this is a pretty interesting little round isn't it?

Viking

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 07:24:37 PM »
I was surfing looking for parts for a Zastava M70A which is the Yugo Tokarev in 9mm.
I came across some new barrels for the CZ 52 and thought you guys might be interested.
They are at Sportsmans Guide.com under barrels. They run about $40.
I'm not sure how hard they are to find but if they're as hard to find as the M70A parts, I thought you might like to know.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 09:43:51 AM »
I am going to go take a look at that. Thanks for posting.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Viking

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 04:33:03 PM »
I found some at Numrich Gun Parts corp. too. I've bought barrels from Numrich before. They were in very good condition but they appeared to be used. Sportsmans Guide says thiers are new, so it may be worth paying an extra buck or two.