Author Topic: Extended base pad or no?  (Read 2963 times)

Offline J Mercurio

Extended base pad or no?
« on: February 12, 2018, 11:35:20 PM »
After using extended base pads for a few years, I changed back to the factory low profile pads and wow, what a difference.. My reloads were faster and so much smoother.  What's everyone using for base pads for their CZ Shadow?

Offline MedicRijos

• CZForum.com Shooting Team member
Re: Extended base pad or no?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 01:44:18 PM »
initially I thought using my springer precision pads would of given me more leverage as far as faster reloads, but I do find it easier with the oem mecgar 17rds mags that my S2 came with. Just my preference
YouTube: Rafy Rijos
Facebook: Rafy Rijos

Offline J Mercurio

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 10:15:15 PM »
Yea, I agree.. I love the Springers which I have been using, but I seem to get a much better and more consistent grip on the mag with the OEM base pad.  I bought some shock bottles base pads to see if they make a difference.. They are low profile,

Offline IDPASUX

• #makereadyretard
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 02:31:23 PM »
Interesting. I may try that. Plus, I'm tired of spending the money on the extended base pads only to destroy the finish on the first range trip.

Leo

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 11:26:05 PM »
This is interesting. This might not directly relate because I am not finding this with a production division gun or equipment but lately I have been practicing with both 140 mm and 126 mm as I prepare for the IPSC nationals this summer and I have found it easier to reload with the shorter 126 mm mags. I am not sure if this is because I am paying more attention/giving the action more visual patience when I am practicing or if it is in fact the shorter mags being the reason for the increased success.

Offline IDPASUX

• #makereadyretard
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 12:07:06 AM »
You bring up an interesting point. I'm shooting a steel match this weekend and doing so with high cap mags. In trying to grab them out of my pouches, I do so with the same hand position as my normal production magazines. What I notice is, if I am not paying attention to getting things right, I have a greater tendency to bobble the reload because I believe there is more magazine above where my hand would naturally be with my production magazines. Conversely, when I use my standard basepads, I am higher up on the entire magazine which gives me a much greater hold and therefore control over the magazine which limits the amount of bobble and variable while trying to stuff it into the gun.

Just some random thoughts after reading your response.

Offline Dvrdwn72

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 08:35:27 PM »
I find it easier to reload with the stock pads on the stainless mags for my shadows. I find it more difficult to reload with 140 mm bases.