Author Topic: AR, AK, and other Long Gun Picture Thread  (Read 13300 times)

b5.5dan

AR, AK, and other Long Gun Picture Thread
« on: May 25, 2012, 11:56:16 PM »
Well, gentlemen, I know that many if not most of us here have more than pistols in our li'l arsenals (even though pistols will ALWAYS be my favorites), so even though most of them aren't CZ-Made, I figured we should have a nice place for pictures of our mag-fed battle rifles...  :grin:
So let's see your AR-15s, AR-10s, AKs, Zastavas, Saigas, and whatever else you got!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 01:54:34 PM by b5.5dan »

b5.5dan

Re: AR and AK Rifle Picture Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 11:58:13 PM »

Here's my Oracle with the SP-01. If I had to go into an ugly, ugly situation, I'd sure feel better about going in with this pair ready!

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 01:56:54 AM »
Here is my latest acquisition...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

b5.5dan

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 02:26:26 AM »
Nice! I had one of those but got rid of it in the "Great .40 Purge" haha! I would like to have another in 9mm or .45. It was golden out to 150 yards (as far as I tried it). Iwish they made hi-cap mags...

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 09:40:59 AM »
Thanks...That is the only draw back, no hi cap mags.... :sad: . I thought about The Kel Tec sub 2000, it does have hi cap mags, but it was $100 more and just didn't feel as solid....
CZ 75B SA
CZ Rami BD 9MM
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Proud Army Dad

b5.5dan

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 01:53:15 PM »
Nothing Kel-Tec makes is very solid. I own one. The P3AT. It works, I guess, but I don't take it along unless there is no other option (I can't wear anything but a t-shirt and short shorts, etc.). People complain about the HiPoint pistols, but they are made well. Just ugly as sin haha! The carbines are pretty sweet. I probably will get another one someday. In which caliber is yours chambered? You may have said and I missed it...

Offline chfields

• Administrator
Re: AR, AK, and other Long Gun Picture Thread
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 07:07:02 PM »
I have the 9MM...
CZ 75B SA
CZ Rami BD 9MM
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Proud Army Dad

b5.5dan

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »
I don't care what the .45 guys say; the 9mm is a more than capable round. I wonder how much that extra 14" of barrel improves ballistics... Any idea? I really regret getting rid of mine. I probably could have traded it to someone for a 9mm or .45. I just hate having one firearm with its own ammo needs

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 08:20:28 PM »
I don't have specific number, but I believe it adds several hundred fps, along with pushing it farther with more accuracy. I have always liked the 9MM round, it doesn't have that slap in the face the .45 has and I can fire off 2-3 rounds for every 1 of .45.  9MM is also alot more cost effective and since I already own a pistol in 9MM, the 9MM carbine seemed a natural. A few weeks back, Ghost and I were at his range and there was a guy there from Kel Tec, that had the sub 2000 in .40 S&W with red dot scope. He let me shoot it and it shoots pretty nicely, had a lot less kick than the .40S&W CZ's and was very accurate. After doing my research, the Hi point, while it is kinda ugly, seemed to be built sturdier and had few issues overall. I hear the Kel Tec has FTF issues and the only issue I have found in my research with Hi point was with the aftermarket 15 rd mags having feed issues. I was at the gun show last weekend and had the chance to hold both and its obvious which choice I made. The only issue I have is that it has a bit of surface rust and some scratches, which I didn't really notice until I got home. Kind of unnerving when buying a supposedly NIB rifle! :shocked: I sent pics to company I bought from and we'll see what happens.....In the meantime, hoping to go shooting again next weekend...
CZ 75B SA
CZ Rami BD 9MM
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Proud Army Dad

b5.5dan

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 09:26:23 PM »
There's this gun shop I found. The owner is evil. He has 120 day layaway, orders anything I want, and buys stuff he knows I want, even though I tell him I'm trying to quit...  :laugh:  Right now he has some of those in stock. I may have to pick one up... I don't have my shotgun yet though, so I should do that first... I keep saying that I will buy one and be done, but I always find one more pistol I have to have first!  :rolleyes: :grin:

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 10:11:26 PM »
I know how that goes, however, having a wife that doesn't like guns puts a big crimp in that.....Took me 10 years to convince her to let me get the CZ, the rifle was a lot easier, but I think that is going to be the extent of my gun collection.... :cry: . Now I need to concentrate on stocking up on ammo, at least I only need 1 kind and Walmart still has good pricing on it....
CZ 75B SA
CZ Rami BD 9MM
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Proud Army Dad

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 10:11:28 PM »
The latest acquisition:

The "go to" carbine:

The hunting rifle:

And well, if there are long guns then there are surely long knives as well:

The .22 rifle:

Those are my favorite things.

b5.5dan

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 10:52:44 PM »

Wowee! Sweet! I'm glad I changed it to long guns and not just ar/ak!

I want a sword. Problem is I won't buy one unless it's "battle ready", and for that price I could but another pistol...  :laugh:
Very nice Man-Toys! And your photography aint too shabby either

b5.5dan

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 11:01:24 PM »
By and by, here are a couple of pictures of firearms no longer with me...
My Hi-Point Carbine lost in the Great .40 S&W Purge of '11...

SKS with Dragunov Stock (THIS one WILL be replaced with one sporting original furniture)

And a crappy picture of one I do still have, My Granddad's Deer Rifle...

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 09:53:50 AM »
I want a sword. Problem is I won't buy one unless it's "battle ready"

That is a Japanese WWII sword. As far as I know, the sword, the rifle, and the bayonet (my Brother has the rifle and bayonet) were taken in the liberation of the Philippines. The Emperor's mark (chrysanthemum) is still in place.
So, that little baby is battle ready!