Author Topic: Brass flying into orbit with SP-01 Shadow Target 2  (Read 3809 times)

Offline Nomad0001

Brass flying into orbit with SP-01 Shadow Target 2
« on: June 18, 2021, 03:02:28 PM »
Hi,

[/size]Gun= CZ SP-01 Shadow Target 2.
[/size]
[/size]I bought several cases of Winchester 9mm NATO (in reality only slightly higher pressure than standard, or not quite +P) before buying this gun (and before the crisis @ 8.99 per box!). Point is that's all I have and that's what I'm shooting. All my other 9mm's HK, SIG, Walther, S&W LOVE that ammo. Very accurate too.
[/size]
[/size]First time at the range with CZ,  gun ran great, but I noticed the brass was flying super far, like 15 feet.
[/size]Dug around a bit, and found Cajun Gun Works and their recommended recoil springs.
[/size]The instructions on which spring to use (to match the load) are that the shell casing should fly about 6 to 8 feet away. Well, with the 11 pound custom spring that the gun comes with, the casings land in a different zip code, I mean probably double the recommended 6 to 8 feet. So I bought a spring selection from them. 11, 12, 13, 14 pound "combo pack" of springs. I'm all the way up to the 14 pound spring, and the casings do land a bit closer, but still farther than 6 to 8 feet.
[/size]Please advise.
[/size]Thx