Author Topic: CZ83 Magazine pads?  (Read 5172 times)

kcbulldog

CZ83 Magazine pads?
« on: October 05, 2011, 12:18:47 PM »
New to the forum as I just received my new CZ83 in .32 ACP. Solved my grip problem by installing Hogue HandAll Jr. slip on glove. Feels great. Slight problem I see is it sure would be nice to have a magazine pad for the pinky extend. I checked around on this forum and google and some posting indicate using pads for the CZ75 or the Beretta 92 rubber base pad. Has anyone successfully tried this? How do they affix to the mag base? thanks in advance--Dan

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: CZ83 Magazine pads?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 04:52:04 PM »

Welcome and welcome again to the Forum. Always nice to see a new face as it were. I have no doubt you should make many new friends here, We all do our best to help each other and in the process possibly learn some new ourselves.

Now on to your question.  The ones I have used mostly are the ones for the CZ RAMI which Should fit over the end of an extended mag to match up with the bottom of the mag well, and rubber bases to go with them, Separate Items I am afraid but still they do the job. Not at all sure the width of the 9 mm Magazine is the same as the width the CZ 83 but I think so.

Call CZ-USA parts dept. to make sure I got it correct, but I'm sure they have what you need. If not them the CZCustom may have them. so call the second if it turns out I am incorrect about CZ-USA having to items. Actually http://czcustom.com/Rubber-Base-Pads-For-CZ-Magazines.aspx has the base pads that should work just fine but double chaeck by calling them. Also ask them while you are it if they have the magazine extender gloves. http://czcustom.com/CZ_base_pads.aspx this may help. Anyway, give them a try. Let us know how things work out Please?

If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 10:17:32 AM »

Not at all sure the width of the 9 mm Magazine is the same as the width the CZ 83 but I think so.

I just put a 75 base on a CZ 83 (380) magazine.  It is a plain metal base.  It fits flush with the  rear of the grip and the tab on the front protrudes .15"
   The beretta 92 soft base is a bit shorter in the front.  It fits the profile of the grip frame and adds about 1/4" lenght to the grip.  The Beretta base feels a little loose with the magazine out of the gun, but settles in when you hold the gun.  It is secure with a tiny wiggle.  I am going to try shooting the gun with both bases this Sunday.  I will report back on how the "loose" base works.

kcbulldog

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 02:49:18 PM »
I've just ordered the CZ75 mag pads for my 83. I'll let you know how it goes--thanks for the info--Dan

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 07:36:59 AM »
Well I shot the 83 with a 92 base on the magazine.  I really could not tell that there was any looseness when shooting.

kcbulldog

Re: CZ83 Magazine pads--yes they do exist
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 01:14:10 PM »
Ordered the mag pads for a CZ75 and they fit like a glove on the 83. Easiest install I've ever seen. Added a Hogue Hand All Jr. and I'm ready to roll--thanks to all--Dan