Author Topic: Range preparation  (Read 3893 times)

bre346

Range preparation
« on: August 28, 2011, 09:05:03 PM »
My brand-new in-box P-07 is going to the range in the morning.
I'm anxious to see how it's going to handle its handicap of a dragging frame.
The factory worked on it a little bit and I did a little more, trying to deepen the grooves at the front of the slide. It's greased up now. We'll see.
I've dry-fired it over a hundred times and can tell it's smoother already. The Single-Action trigger feels as good as my 1911 and the long pull pretty close to my revolver.
This is going to be plumb interestin'.

Offline jdr3366

Re: Range preparation
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 09:18:59 PM »
Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

bre346

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 10:16:46 AM »
Hi, guys.

The shoot went OK. The gun points and shoots very nicely. It took everything I stuffed in. There were no issues. After over a 100 dry-fires the action is smooth. There is nothing I want to change. Well, yes, I want to wrap the grip to cover the alligator hide serrations.

We had time for only 40 rounds. The gun is very lively and there were many flyers. Good thing it stayed pointed at the target. I must mind my handling.

Next week I'll have more ammo and hopefully more time. This thing is fun.

bre346

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 07:00:24 PM »
The gun has been to the range again to compete with a brand I'm used to. I was feeling poorly so I couldn't stay long. In just twenty rounds of 115 gr FMJ it again proved its superiority. I wanted the other to win. I hate this gun. It's just too good.

b5.5dan

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 10:31:14 PM »
I'm glad to hear the gun is to your liking (loving  :grin: ), but I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Hopefully you get better so you can enjoy it fully. I love to fire my 75, but when I have time to take 400 rounds to the range and take my time, aimed slow, quick-fire each hand, standing, benchrest... I just absolutely ADORE it. I need another one. Or two. haha!

Get Well Soon!!!

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 08:24:07 AM »
bre346 :sad:  sorry to hear you are under the weather, that seems to be going around lately in varying degrees, So get better sooner than later.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

bre346

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 12:35:59 PM »
Thanks, guys.

I want my other gun to win this competition but the CZ works so darn well that I'm thinking of a new holster to carry it.

When I clean it up and see how rickety ugly the insides are I'm reminded of a joke about 'how something that looks so bad can feel so good.'

My health continues to slowly decline. I had to cancel my last range trip. Tomorrow I'll get a report from my heart doctor and Tues. I'll be conferring with my surgeon about scheduling a heart valve replacement and one or two bypasses.

b5.5dan

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 12:37:33 PM »
Well, sir... My best wishes go out to you.  :sad:

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 01:00:28 PM »
         Listen up Squid, you can go TDY but don't make an extended leave out of it! We fully expect you back here ASAP. Make sure the Gas Passer gets the correct mix, and the Cutter knows which part needs to replaced.   :cool: 
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

bre346

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 07:18:57 PM »
Thanks, guys. They put in a stent last week and it has resulted in feeling better and stronger than in a long time. I went to the range yesterday and had a ball shooting everything I had with me.

The CZ got into an accuracy contest with a very good Taurus and came out even or a tiny bit better.
Playing with those two was a blast.

Thanks for your good wishes. It must have worked.