Author Topic: CZ 75B Slide stop  (Read 5574 times)

PETERAL

CZ 75B Slide stop
« on: March 01, 2011, 01:47:29 AM »
 :sad: Hi Guys    I have had my 75B since 1999.   In the lat 4 years I have broken the slide stop 3 times.I do not shoot hot loads. my loads just make 125 for ipsc and 125000 for idpa.
I have however only replaced the recoil spring ONCE and that was 7 years ago :lipsrsealed:
I assume that is my problem.   How often should the recoil spring be replaced?
Your advice would be appreciated as I can't accept that it is a design fault with Adam Tyc and Angus being top shooter not to mentionGrauffel who uses a Tanfoglio( copy CZ)

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: CZ 75B Slide stop
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 03:24:43 AM »
Get another recoil spring and shoot, then switch back to the old one. If you feel that the slide slams back harder with the old spring, then switch it out for the new one. Or you can get a recoil buffer, but they tend to make the slide release a bit touchy, and sometimes it won't lock back on an empty mag.

PETERAL

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 08:20:00 AM »
 :kiss: Thanks for that.  I have an order in for 2 springs once our local agent gets them from CZub. Will follow your hint.
A local gun dealer ( not the agent) would not giveme a recoil buffer as he reckons it is not for the CZ

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 09:58:37 AM »
Here is a buffer for a cz. http://www.buffertech.com/CZ-7585-Recoil-Buffer-P9.aspx

Like I said, they make the slide release touchy, and sometimes it wont lock back on an empty mag.