Author Topic: Taurus PT92 vs CZ 75B  (Read 39396 times)

CZ04FT

Re: Taurus PT92 vs CZ 75B
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2012, 10:45:52 AM »
Like you, I was debating which to buy. I liked the Taurus safety/decocker on the frame instead of on the slide as with the Beretta. Then it was CZ 75B or CZ 75BD. I ordered the CZ 75 B with the safety. I understood the difference too late to change the order to the decocker. The CZ 75BD would have been $35 more. Not enough difference to influence my decision. The CZ 75 will be a range/home defense weapon. No concealed carry. I would have preferred being able to decock a loaded weapon instead of locking one. It just my preference. I don't like the fact that the hammer must be cocked before applying the safety. Again, my preference. I'll learn how to decock the CZ 75B manually.

I wanted an all steel handgun. There were too many stories about the quality of the Taurus steel. I didn't want to take that chance. I preferred the CZ quality and reliability. That was the major reason for my choice. I hope you are satisfied with your decision. That's what counts.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2012, 11:09:51 AM »
I love my CZ, it was the best decision.........
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2012, 11:41:13 AM »
        Check with CZ-USA or CZCustom about switching out the safety for a decocker. I believe the work can be done by yourself. I just have never tried it nor wanted to  :cheesy: so I'm not 100% sure but it won't hurt to ask. And if you don't want to do it yourself then you could maybe find a Local gunsmith to do it, and save the cost of shipping etc, to have the CZ folks do it.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

CZ04FT

« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2012, 04:46:17 PM »
I checked czcustom.com and here is what I found out about converting a non-decocker to a decocker on the FAQ page:

Is there any way to convert a non-decocker to a decocker? No, the cuts in the frame are different.  :embarrassed:

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2012, 09:36:45 PM »
            Seriously? Damn Sorry about my mistake. I knew a couple of other CZ's that come with a choice can swap out the safety for the Decocker and vies versi, I thought yours was one of them. I do Apologize.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

CZ04FT

« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2012, 09:57:26 AM »
No need for the apology. The Duty P-07 with the Omega trigger is able to be switched between the safety and the decocker with a simple parts change. Too bad that isn't in the all steel 75 B. Part way down the page in the following description you'll find the instructions for making the switch for the Duty P-07:

http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/79-pistols-cz/PC/CZ_75_P-07_DUTY.aspx

My next CZ purchase may be the 75 BD if it isn't the Kadet Conversion Kit. A guy can dream, can't he? It is just of matter of paying for it.

Grimitch

« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2012, 09:56:02 PM »
I use to have Taurus pt92 and i can tell ya right now your better off getting the cz75b.I have a cz75b and a P-01 both outstanding pistols.
I can say that i can trust both my cz's with my life.

b5.5dan

« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2012, 11:15:02 PM »
This is funny. I just ended up buying one of these Tauri, only I got the one in .40 S&W. haven't got to shoot it yet though. Anyway, mr. Fields, we're glad you chose what you did!