Author Topic: CZ 75 Compact or Cz P-07 Duty  (Read 18024 times)

Cheb

Re: CZ 75 Compact or Cz P-07 Duty
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 07:06:55 PM »

A tip on developing a good trigger squeeze;
With a snap cap or the gun unloaded whichever you prefer, sight the gun on a target, press the trigger and watch the front sight when the hammer falls.  Keep trying this until the sight stays steady.
P.S.  Put the target in a place that if the gun was loaded the damage would be minimum.

Thanks for the tip. I was planing on breaking in the trigger, so I will do that at the same tme.

WayneJessie

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 10:29:28 PM »
When it comes to shooting you will love your 75. If by "carrying" you mean you'll tote your gun concealed for more than an hour or two you may well be inclined to add another weapon for the sole role of a CCW. I have several 75C guns that to me and my worn out back get real heavy after about three hours. I hate to say it but I had to purchase an additional polymer-framed small compact gun that carries so much better. It has become a tool just like my pocketknife. I like nothing about it better than my 75s OTHER than it's light weight and concealability.
I actually contacted CZ to see if they were going to produce a more compact version of the PO7 and was told no. USA sales of the PO7 have not been what they hoped so far. Funny, they can't build enough steel and aluminum framed compacts to meet demand right now. You'll love your 75 but don't be somewhat disappointed if it does not lend itself to CCW use. It shines in so may other ways. I want a full sized 75 just to keep in my truck at all times.

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 11:44:09 PM »
Twenty years ago I had a lightweight 1911 commander.  It was great to carry, but it made my hands hurt when I shot it.  I decided to loose 5 lbs and buy a steel gun.  It has worked out great!  I bought new belts and pants years ago and I can shoot the steel guns all day long.  As an extra bonus the arthritis in my hands is less now.