Author Topic: CZ Phantom  (Read 23368 times)

parpar1

Re: CZ Phantom
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2011, 07:33:36 PM »
I paid a hell of a lot more then that.  Great deal if you ask me.   I believe it does have a dif trigger.  Call CZ custom and they can tell you.

akronseabee

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 04:00:59 PM »
I bought one about two months ago and took it to the range twice.  I sold it a week ago.  The trigger was, to put it mildly, really creepy and the mag release would stick.

Triggers on CZ's in general have a goodly amount of travel and creep and I'm used to that.  Maybe I'm spoiled by 1911's and SIG's.

I still believe that CZ's are a "best buy".

parpar1

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2011, 09:31:12 PM »
After i polished  everything and it is really nice. like it alot.  yes out of the box it sucked. There is a trigger and hammer kit you can buy that makes it the bomb.   

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2011, 05:55:56 PM »
Yeah, a factory defect that can be fixed with some $3 snap caps. Put one in and sit and pull the trigger a few hundred times. Its just because of the poly coating that everything gets. After some use it comes off and is smooth as silk. I changed out the springs and put in a comp hammer and mine is the best pistol I've ever shot. EVER.

parpar1

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2011, 09:07:01 AM »

Yeah, a factory defect that can be fixed with some $3 snap caps. Put one in and sit and pull the trigger a few hundred times. Its just because of the poly coating that everything gets. After some use it comes off and is smooth as silk. I changed out the springs and put in a comp hammer and mine is the best pistol I've ever shot. EVER.

You got very lucky. My Phantom had very very poor machining. Had a nice groove in the hammer were it meets the sear.  The sear would hang. Anyways no amount of trigger pulling would fix my issues. 

parpar1

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2011, 09:08:53 AM »
As for spending money.  Does not cost a dime to get out the drimel and some sand paper.

And most people drop a few hundred to get their trigger the way they like it.  Seems to say to me that no trigger is great out of the box they all need some love.

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2011, 08:55:17 PM »
I never really touched my sear. I did file down the safety lever when I put in my comp hammer though. That hammer made one hell of a difference in the trigger pull. Reduced the weight a ton and got rid of the creep. Still a little bit in DA, but SA it breaks soo easy. Ooooh! I get goose bumps thinking about it.

parpar1

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2011, 08:06:26 AM »
ROTF :laugh: Goose bumps!

Offline GM4469

• Authorized Vendor
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2011, 06:06:51 AM »
Phantoms clean up really nice. Have worked over a few of them and you can get a really good DA stroke and nice SA letoff.
The CZ comp hammer is an awesome product but has to be modified as the CZ decocker guns use only one hammer hook( right side ) the other is cut for the decocking lever.

Cajun Gun Works makes a nice hammer/sear kit and some other nice aftermarket stuff that will help you get a nice trigger too.

There are getting to be more places to send your CZs  for work too.
czcustom.com
stuart@czcustom.com

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2011, 10:37:34 PM »
LOL, guess thats what I need to get into, CZ gunsmithing. At least I'd know where to find clients. :D

b5.5dan

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2011, 07:37:31 PM »
I'll be a good customer. Hop to it!

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2011, 03:08:44 PM »
All I need are the tools. You can get the info off the web for free. I have a lot of the punches and stuff already. Just need a non marring hammer and a vice. Gotta have a vice for gun smithing. Its something that I'd like to do, theres a master gunsmith that lives near me, I just dont have the time to apprentice. :(

Offline GM4469

• Authorized Vendor
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2011, 03:11:40 PM »
all you need is a big hammer, big file and C-clamp.
Now you're a gunsmith!
czcustom.com
stuart@czcustom.com

b5.5dan

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2011, 03:15:26 PM »
all you need is a big hammer, big file and C-clamp.
Now you're a gunsmith!
Not me! I nearly destroyed my 1911 on a fluff and buff... Never again. I would rather help AVM in his potential venture and know it will be done right. I am seriously considering a Phantom if I can't/don't get a standard SP-01). Truth told, I'm considering 4 or 5 CZ pistols, but the SP-01 line leads the list!

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2011, 03:39:05 PM »
I did my own comp hammer install, and had to monkey with the internals quite a bit for it to work, even filing some off the safety leg. It was a 3 hour ordeal, but itd go much faster if I did another one now that I know what I'm doing.