Author Topic: CZ Phantom  (Read 23365 times)

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: CZ Phantom
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 03:32:52 PM »
HA! Only for a good tip!

Oaklane

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 04:39:01 PM »
GW..... I like you more and more sir!! :laugh:  I'd let you shoot my new CZ AVman, that would be a great "tip"? !!!! Seriously gentleman, I know I'd enjoy shooting with any of you, young or "geezer status" :laugh:  And I'm sure most of these young guys could teach me a thing or two anymore. Now-a-days, I get to use the "failing eyesite" as an excuse for shooting poor! A great bunch of guys here!!

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 09:59:56 PM »
Hey every now and again a blind squirrel can find an acorn. But really The idea may have merit at some point, maybe only for Competitions but still it does sound fun.  :cheesy: . And anytime anyone is in or near of coming to Central Florida PM me and we can hit the range. The only thin is you have to sign a release but I can bring as many guests as I wish. Not to mention I have at least one spare room not counting my daughters now more time than not empty room. The foods good and I hope the hospitality is as good. Any and all of my weapons will be available to use, if there is any trepidation about bringing your own.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Oaklane

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 07:13:36 PM »
Well guys, I've been slacking :grin:  I finally felt good enough to get to the range and ring the Phantom out. 200rds of mixed manufature jacketed, brass and steel cased. 100 percent reliable and accurate. The only negative I have is the double action pull is a reach for me, but target shooting it's a moot point. I'm very happy with it. It's back on target quick, muzzle jump is almost nothing for such a light gun. Trigger could use a little work but it'll smooth itself out in no time. Now to find a 75B in 9mm!! :cheesy:

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 07:55:32 PM »
Congradulations of the range time and the shooting. I really need to hit the range myself. I am glad you had a good time and the pistol performed so well and with a mixed bag of ammo. I hope I have as much.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Oaklane

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2011, 06:15:02 PM »
I ran another 200 rds of mixed stuff again today and it was perfect again. It's way more accurate than I'm capable of shooting it. The trigger is smoothing up some so I'm sure it'll just keep getting better. I did swap out the back strap for the smaller one, gave me a little better reach on the DA pull. I think I'm gonna order a fiber-optic front sight for it, I just can't see like I used to and I think it might help me tighten up my groups alittle. Thats my story anyways and I'm sticking to it :laugh:  It is one of the smoothest functioning guns I've ever shot, the slide is so smooth, really a joy to shoot. I'm gonna run a few hundred more through it and if I can find a decent holster for it, I wouldn't mind carrying it for CHL, it's big but it's very light. I'm extremely happy with it so far. I'm a little bit of a computer dummy so excuse me for no photos.

parpar1

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 08:57:17 PM »
Glad to hear such good reports on the phantom.  i get mine in 9 days.  I think a trigger mod will be first on the list.

I took a SP-01 back Thursday after i found a Phantom.  And then started second guessing myself about a polymer gun.  After reading these post i think i made a good move.

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011, 01:52:36 AM »
Just shoot a lot and get a lighter hammer spring, thats all you really need to do until you get some trigger time.

parpar1

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 12:35:20 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I assume i can oder one from CZ customs

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2011, 07:53:13 PM »
Yep, sure can.

parpar1

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 08:31:51 PM »
13 ? 15? or 16?

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2011, 10:39:52 PM »
13lb for hmmer spring, 11lb for recoil spring. The new hammer spring fixes the DA and SA weight of pull and eases the stagey feeling of the trigger a bit, and recoil spring will fix slide slap that draws you off target.

gmcfixer

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 10:42:08 AM »
I think I'm gonna order a fiber-optic front sight for it, I just can't see like I used to and I think it might help me tighten up my groups alittle.

Check Dawson Precision, I think he is also making fiber optic front sights that fit the Phantom.

parpar1

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2011, 09:29:23 AM »
Does anyone make a rubber  grip for the Phantom. Slip on? Hoque
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:31:32 PM by parpar1 »

CZP07TX

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2011, 06:41:22 PM »
I found a new Phantom at the last gunshow in Fort Worth for $489.  Would it have been worth it?  Also, does it have the same trigger as the P07?