Author Topic: CZ 52's on sale  (Read 22969 times)

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
CZ 52's on sale
« on: January 09, 2012, 12:52:04 PM »
 :shocked: While reading a ShotGun News I saw an add for unissued CZ-52's for $305. or $285 used/excellent.
http://www.czechpoint-usa.com/products/vz-52/

Kevin J

Re: CZ 52's on sale
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 06:29:11 PM »
I've ordered one (unissued) from them on Friday. Now I'm as excited as a puppy at Christmas (should be another 7-10 days, however).

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 12:01:28 PM »
        I tried to see if they would sell an empty shipping crate since it looks like a pretty good way to pack up my guns if they ever need to get moved somewhere. (cheaper than having to build the same thing) But no luck. The pistols look very shiny. Wish I could get one. Unissued I don't think counts as NIB but it's as close as you can get with Military weapons.

Kevin J   

When you get yours, take it OUTside to clean it, Trust me, fresh Cosmoline smells really bad, but OLD Cosmoline (or what ever the Czech version is), Reeks! As in, your family will NOT thank you for opening that thing and cleaning it in the house.  :grin: Oh and set aside a day to clean it, getting that stuff off and cleaned out of ever nook and cranny should be added as one of Danta's Rings of Inferno. Wear old cloths you never plan on wearing again. With any luck at all I may be wrong about how bad it will smell, but I'm not wrong about how much effort it takes to clean it off a weapon or how much a mess it will potentially make.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Kevin J

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 10:20:01 PM »
I was hoping that since the 52's in storage get refurbished at the armory every few years, it wouldn't be all covered in cosmoline, but I have a feeling you're right.  :sad:

It it is, I'll definitely take your advise. Thanks, GW.

american lockpicker

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 01:07:54 AM »
I was considering getting one of those but couldn't get past the safety and firing pin issues...

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 12:02:40 PM »
           Well the firing pin is a tad fragile that's true but there is a replacement for it that is made with modern metals and a whole lot stronger, Not all that hard to replace either, I think?

The safety thing is a concern but as long as it isn't carried Cocked and Not Locked then you should be find, Unless you get bored one day and use the but to open walnuts. Or drop it hammer down. I have a couple and you would not believe how much fun they are to shoot! Especially if you are using surplus ammo.  :cheesy:

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

lklawson

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 01:49:11 PM »
I CC my '52 with no problem in Condition 1.  Of course, I tested the decocker first.  My firing pin has never given my any trouble.  But, then again, I've never dry-fired it and I inspect it from time to time.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Offline Malygris

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 07:05:49 AM »
Wow that's amazing, I never expected to ever see these available in any numbers again.  I recently sold an almost mint w/mint holster for $250 to a buddy, and still have a pristine rearesenaled piece, but I'd love to have one of these just to hold onto.  It truly does appear unissued.  Even the cleaning rod is sealed.

Thakur

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 11:57:08 AM »
IS any Body sale it In India. Than I buy I like it very much

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 12:41:02 PM »
CzeckPoint-USA can only sell inside the USA.  Is it hard to buy a pistol in India ?

Offline Malygris

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 12:49:52 PM »
That's certainly an interesting question. 

Thakur, what is it like in regards to firearms purchasing/ownership in India?

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 06:32:50 PM »
         Not for nothing but I would really not like to have to try to export any pistol to India. First off you would need permission from the State Department, then you would need permission from the BATFE,then the US Customs get into the act, and once you work your way through that lot you get to start all over with the Indian Government. By the time you have paid all the fees, etc it would have been cheaper to have the pistol custom made from scratch, including maching the everything there. 

You MAY be able to find an exporter with a class 3 and up license that would be willing to ship a single pistol, but I wouldn't bet it would be very much cheaper. And India used to have some harsh gun laws, keep in mind they Used to be Part of the British Empire and they still maintain a whole raft of British Laws plus their own.

I do hope it works out for you, Frankly I haven't found an Importer yet that would find and import a couple pistols from Europe.

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 06:09:35 AM »
These things are still available !

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 11:07:02 AM »

I got one and although the guys at the gun store had to open the shrink warp to read the serial number for the transfer everything is in their bags and greasy as heck. But the ad reads unissued and in Excellent condition, not unissued and new in box. Which I think they would say if these had never been used at all? When the pistols went back to a depot to be refurbished or fixed they got a complete do over and everything cleaned and replaced as necessary. Then sealed up and sent to a supply dump to be reissued to the troops. Normally a weapon even the Russian ones when they were brand new and never used at all, come packed in/with Cosmoline or whatever the other countries equivalent is. And that stuff not only stinks to high heaven, but is thick yellowish heavy grease packed into every place they can get it and takes forever to clean before it can be used. At least that's the military version, Civilians are done differently. When the weapons depot got them they didn't have Cosmoline are their equivalent and just oiled them with as much oil as they could get into and on them. I suspect they were actually dipped and left to so the oil got in everywhere, then removed and bagged and tagged. Someone once said that when it was a refurbished weapon the gunsmith would put a little dimple in the top of the slide I think close to the rear sight to show it had been worked on? And some 52's still working to this day have as many as four or five dimples in a row.

That's what I have read about 52's, but when I got mine I couldn't find the dot, but since I have no idea where I read that information, since it was at least a year ago, I'm not sure about the dot bit or where it's supposed to be. And if I'm wrong about how the Russian Factories packed their weapons for shipping then please tell me since I do not like to get things incorrect and give folks the wrong information. But considering the way the ad is worded I think I may be at least partly correct. Excellent is as high as you can go with the ratings unless it's actually Old/New and unfired, by anyone except the factory. And they aren't using Factory new/unissued or even unused, they are calling them unissued. Which is a whole lot different  than NEW, at least with US Weapons?

Anyone? Please jump in and clarify anything I got backwards? Like I said I bought one and I like it a lot, and it's going to stay just the way it is, but unless anyone tells me different when I sell it if I do, I'm not posting it as new just unissued. I AM NOT AN EXPERT on these or most any other weapon, All I can do is read what I can find about them and then hope someone corrects me if what I learned was incorrect. I'm not ever totaly sure about the way these get evaluated even by NRA standards, let alone antique dealers standards.

Powerpuff boy

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 02:36:29 AM »
Thinking about this one, too   :cheesy:   How's recoil?  It's like a  hand cannon, isn't it?