Author Topic: 40 cal Rami 2075  (Read 9754 times)

what gun?

40 cal Rami 2075
« on: January 08, 2012, 01:42:41 PM »
Hello everyone,

So, I heard allot of good things about this gun(Rami 40) unfortunately, I didn't read all the bad about it until I discoverd the very serious FTF's. Yes, I had the ramp not only polished but made it wider, no sharp edges anywhere withing the chamber as well. I've got about $250 of different ammo through it. The only thing left is to change the mag. If the problem persists, I'll keep it on the passenger seat to throw at someone if I get jacked. What a shame, it has good accuracy when it want to fire. Should have went to a 45 and bought a Kimber!

b5.5dan

Re: 40 cal Rami 2075
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 04:17:02 PM »
I had a RAMI in .40 and didn't have any problems at all. I'm not sure what the purpose of your post is. Is it just to vent? I can understand being frustrated. But let's be serious here. "Should have got the Kimber"? Those two guns have nothing in common. Whatsoever. If you wanted a steel 1911 in .45ACP why were you even considering the RAMI? If you wanted to spend $1400 on a pistol, again, why even bother looking at the RAMI? If you purchase a Kimber you are going to get a lot more gun. You are also spending 3x the money. Nothing wrong with that. Put the RAMI up for sale and go with the Kimber. I'm sure you will be pleased.

Have you considered calling the gunsmith at CZ-USA? And $250 in .40 S&W is probably still within the 500 round break in period...

Good luck

what gun?

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 04:58:24 PM »
Actually, I set out for the kimber and saw the Rami. I liked the idea of more features like DA/ SA and being a bit more compact and still use it for CDPA as well.  500 rounds is very typical for a break in period, I had not called CZ simply because just about all posts that stated they sent there gun back to CZ, worked well only for a while. What I'm getting is the 9 seems to be a reliable fire arm, so I'm thinking that the 40 cal may be beyond repair or possibly a bad design. I'm posting here to see if anyone even remotely agrees with that idea.
My opinion is, a gun that's bad out of the box, is not adequate for personal protection.

what gun?

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 05:03:08 PM »
And thank you for your response also.

Offline GM4469

• Authorized Vendor
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 10:31:12 PM »
most short slide guns seem like they have problems balancing the slide velocity and the feed cycle of the short stubbly bullets.
I tend to stay away from short slided guns in .40 and .45 as getting the big bullet to feed up reliably in such a short slide cycle is a challenge.
czcustom.com
stuart@czcustom.com

what gun?

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 03:54:21 PM »
My appologies if I had offended all the CZ fans. I'm new to CZ. With that said, the Rami 2075P has been discontinued for obvious reasons.
CZ is replacing mine with the alloy version. Can anyone say if the FTF issues had been resolved within CZ yet or even what to expect?

I'm not buying into the limp writing thing because my sigs and rugers perform well in that areana.

Thanks

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 03:16:57 PM »
They don't do it often, but CZ has missed the boat on the larger caliber RAMI.

In stead of trying to get the conical .40 bullets to feed in the 9mm platform.

The .357 SIG would have a 357 diameter bullet going up the ramp and into a 40 chamber.

Like with the 10mm, CZUB thinks on a global scale for sales and the numbers for the .357
are not present.
www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.

-dz-

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 09:54:05 AM »
I've actually owned two (not at the same time) 2075s in 40 S&W with alloy frames. The first was sent back (1/2010) for repair because the slide would lock in the open position when the magazine wasn't empty. When I got it back it still would do that on occasion but now I was suffering misfires and FTFs. CZ took the gun back again (3/2010) and replaced it with a new one.

The second gun I carried for a couple of years. Took it everywhere Texas to Montana three time and Texas to Florida and pretty much everyday carry. Initially I would try to go to the range every two weeks and then slacked off to once a month. I still would get FTF and the gun had an annoying habit of not locking open when empty, but would usually function flawlessly for the first two magazines. This made it okay because I rarely carried more than one spare magazine.

I tried all the different "sizes" from 135 grain Federal to 180 grain Speer. I decided I preferred the 165 grain round because it offered what I thought was the best of size, velocity and energy. I really liked the Hornady Critical Defense round, however, my 2075 did not. When the gun had a problem it was always the third round seemed like but the Hornady would fail to feed often. It was just a matter of smacking the butt of the gun to get it back in "gear" but after a while it kind of gets in your head because you're expecting it and then your groupings go all to heck.

I started reading around looking to find some sort of fix. I found the comments in CZ forums about polishing up the feed ramp and tried that. I noticed some improvement but then the barrel broke (2/2012). I'm guessing I had somewhere between 1800 and 200 rounds through the gun at this point.

CZ took the gun back and kept it for about three weeks. I got to thinking that part of my problem might be fixed with new recoil springs. I bought a new assembly but the springs were always out of stock. I finally called the parts department and pleaded my case and they sent me two sets of inner and outer springs. CZ's customer service is outstanding.

When I got the gun back, the barrel had been replaced and it had evidently been worked on and I also noticed the lug wasn't as boxy, so I'm thinking my troubles are over.

I've long suspicioned that part of the reason the gun would malfunction is that the gun would overheat and between the alloy and the steel would swell. I could be talking through my hat on that but I noticed the gun would malfunction and if you set it down and let it rest and cool, it would work fine again until you ran another fifty rounds through it and it got heat build up. This is also why I decided early on that when I take the proficiency test for my CHL renewal I'd be shooting my Colt Commander. And that's a heck of a thing to be thinking about your carry gun.

At any rate I took the gun and my new barrel to the range (I posted a picture of the target in the range thread) loaded it with a number of different grain bullets and gave it a whirl. Once again it was flawless for the first two magazines and then I started having problems. Usually of the FTF variety. The slide locked open when the gun was empty and that was an improvement. About 100 rounds fired.

The second trip to the range I installed the new recoil springs and the gun failed after 39 rounds. I've noticed over the months as my frustration grew that so did the size of my groupings. I found myself expecting it to fail. I bought a Colt Combat Commander circa 1982 and took a couple of boxes of ammo to run smoothly and the only problem was a broken slide lock about 3 years ago. I decided after two and a half years that this was not going to work for me and I put it in my range bag.

I rented a range gun. A S&W M&P 40c. I had tried the subcompact Glock 27 and 36 prior to buying the 2075. They were fine but I suppose I wasn't ready for a "plastic" pistol. My first effort with the S&W at 5 yards was pretty decent for a range gun with reloads.

The decision was made.

I got the 2075 out of the range bag to clean up and when I got around to the from of the slide I was in for one last shock. A stress crack.

So, I called CZ and told them my problem and recounted the story above. I told Jon that this gun just wasn't working out for me. I asked if they would send me a different model and he agreed to send a P06.

I really liked the way the P06 looked, but after my journey with the RAMI I traded for a S&W M&P (which I refer to as metal & plastic) 40c.

The only reason I'm not bitter is the great customer service of CZ. Not one hassle.

I do have a very nice unlined custom Hign Noon holster, 3 nine round and one eight round magazine for sale watch the barter thread if you're interested.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 09:21:16 AM by -dz- »

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 01:52:57 PM »
         Remind me that if I ever get a .40 RAMI (not likely) you never to let you handle it!  :tongue:  I'd let you shoot any of the other pistols I have, but you ain't getting near the RAMI!

Sorry things didn't work out well, and I truly understand your logic and reasoning. I wish you could have given the P06 a better longer try out, but after 2 years of frustration, I can certainly see how you would need to take a "Vacation" from CZ's. We hope you stay as a member, none the less. Your input and thoughts I think are very well thought out and reasoned, and you added to that with pictures. Maybe we can get you back into the "Light" sooner than later. You never can tell what pistol is going to be mentioned and or compared to a CZ, And frankly I would like to know how you got the white typed description on the face of the target you posted.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

-dz-

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 02:03:44 PM »
         Remind me that if I ever get a .40 RAMI (not likely) you never to let you handle it!  :tongue:  I'd let you shoot any of the other pistols I have, but you ain't getting near the RAMI!

Sorry things didn't work out well, and I truly understand your logic and reasoning. I wish you could have given the P06 a better longer try out, but after 2 years of frustration, I can certainly see how you would need to take a "Vacation" from CZ's. We hope you stay as a member, none the less. Your input and thoughts I think are very well thought out and reasoned, and you added to that with pictures. Maybe we can get you back into the "Light" sooner than later. You never can tell what pistol is going to be mentioned and or compared to a CZ, And frankly I would like to know how you got the white typed description on the face of the target you posted.

That's Fireworks a program like photoshop. Crop the picture add text and stuff like that. I guess photo editing software would be a better way to phrase it.

I usually photograph my targets and add text so I can look at what I've been up to at the range. Otherwise, since I'm from Texas,  I tend to say everything went through the bullseye at 75 yards shooting over my shoulder while looking at the target's reflection in polished washer I flipped into the air. And hardly anyone ever believes that for some reason.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 02:34:02 PM »
Thanks I'll give it a try. As for no one believing you about your shooting, I certainly can't think of any reason why not. :rolleyes:

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

-dz-

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 09:05:22 PM »

In my defense I wasn't bad with it.

I'm pretty decent with a 1911, too.

Okay, so I'm not so good with numbers. I know there's not 21 months in a year. It was actually December.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 09:27:12 AM by -dz- »

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 10:31:47 AM »
       well if you were thinking cat years when you wrote that you would be about right with 21 months in a year I think. But if you were going with dog years then there are a lot more months in a dogs year. Not a whole lot more brains just more months.  :tongue:

Really nice shooting, and I'm going to try to find that software you mentioned