Author Topic: EAA Witness sights..  (Read 14413 times)

toothless agression

EAA Witness sights..
« on: July 16, 2014, 10:41:53 PM »
having owned, loved, and unfortunately having to sell my much treasured 75B some years ago, I recently picked up an EAA Witness 9mm (tanfoglio) for my primary home defense pistol. Sadly, out of the box it shoots horribly low (18' @25yrds). the LPA sight is only adjustable for windage. Is there a way to shim the rear sight or any other fixes besides ordering a $100 adjustable sight (which I really can't afford rt now)? Any suggestions would be welcome..

kneelingatlas

Re: EAA Witness sights..
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 11:21:33 AM »
How about some pictures, I'll bet I have something in my box which will fix you up!  :cheesy:

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 11:58:35 AM »
Welcome to our forum!! Congrats on the EAA I hear they are pretty nice! I can't help you with your issue, but I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Again, welcome to our forum!
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

toothless agression

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 02:14:02 AM »
I'll try to post some pics soon.. it's the standard LPA drift for windage only sight. Gun feels good, seems like it should be a natural pointer, but I like my sights to be on point, with a 9mm, I want all hits to be critical! Thanks for the responses!  :grin:

kneelingatlas

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 08:15:17 AM »
You say LPA, but the LPA is fully adjustable...

I assume you mean the standard sight:

I have some different heights of those.

toothless agression

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 03:09:44 AM »
kneelingatlas:  nope, mine looks and fits just like the one on the stainless, except it has no elevation screw (I assume there is one on that particular gun). Haven't figured out how to post pics yet, but if you look at mine from the side, it is shaped and fits just like that, but if you look at it from above.. there is no center screw, only the two allen set screws.... :-/

kneelingatlas

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 04:35:42 PM »
Strange, I've never seen one like that, but nonetheless I have the sight you're looking for.

kneelingatlas

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 10:43:52 PM »
Ah ha, does it look like this:

That's the Henning fixed rear.

toothless agression

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 11:38:32 PM »
Yeppers! that looks like the one. :shocked: it's stamped "LPA" on the top of the "bridge" tho, so that's why I said it was an LPA. Any way to "cheat" that sight and get back on target, or have you got something in your bag? :smiley:

toothless agression

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 12:18:59 AM »
Responded to your pm. sounds like a plan... :smiley:

Preacher

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 08:19:44 AM »
Gents,
   My wife has a Witness P Carry which is also printing low.  At 7 yds it shoots a beautiful ragged hole 4" low and 1" right.  I'm looking for something a little more affordable than the $85+ adjustables I'm finding right now.  Thoughts??

kneelingatlas

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 10:47:29 AM »
http://www.dawsonprecision.com/images/Instructions/FrontSightHeight.pdf

Use this guide to figure out what you need.  An adjustable rear probably won't get tall enough for you, the Henning fixed rear is probably your best bet.

Preacher

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 08:26:52 PM »
I'm looking into the Henning.  Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.