Author Topic: Why is there an empty Trading Post section  (Read 22525 times)

Offline frgood

Why is there an empty Trading Post section
« on: February 07, 2018, 08:44:35 AM »
What is happening? Is there or won't there be a classified section?

Leo

Re: Why is there an empty Trading Post section
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 02:51:26 PM »
Early on in 2016, the forum required those who wished to post in the sale/trade section to be authorized vendors or paying benefactors.  I am unsure if the forum will continue to require this or not.   I know this requiredment was still in the developmental stage and haven't seen any updates regarding this. Item 9 is where this is covered, http://www.czforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=4917.0

Offline frgood

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 04:38:08 PM »
Let me quote the opening Governance, "CZForum's trading post is largely recognized as one of the best ways for individuals to buy, sell and trade firearms and accessories via private party transactions. Our trading post generates perhaps more traffic than the rest of the site and has proven itself to be a tremendous bargain for the seller and a great resource for the buyer. We are extremely proud of that..."

So beginning in 2016 folks had to pay to post a classified sale.   I think the result of that (point 9) is now self evident in that there is now zero activity in the "more traffic than the rest of the site".

Conclusion?

Leo

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 09:44:24 AM »
I have informed those in charge of your concerns.  They are looking into the decision and will post their reply.