Author Topic: USPSA - Road to C Class: The Struggle is Real  (Read 9102 times)

Offline Drew

USPSA - Road to C Class: The Struggle is Real
« on: April 23, 2016, 08:35:08 PM »
These clips are from matches with the Gwinnett Practical Shooting League GPSL. My new -2 1/2 months- CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Target II is starting to be come more familiar. My transition from the Glock 19 Gen 4 has been favorable, but I'm still struggling with sight picture, grip and finger trigger position.Obviously my field course work leaves little to be desired. I'll get there.  For the G19 I used the XS Big Dot sighting system. Golf ball size from sight, with open V post rear. Locating the front post was way easier with the Big Dot open rear. This variants sighting system has a huge improvement in accuracy and but requires more still to locate the front post.  I do have faster times and better scores but that's believed to be due to the pistols improved recoil management, trigger system -3 lbs Pull- and sight radius. My skills have not improved as I have not dry fired practiced enough to warrant that.  If I want better results I'll have to set some goals and a plan to achieve them. 1. Scheduled dry fire practice for sight picture and gun munipulation.  2. Live Fire practice for recoil and grip management.
 May your sight pictures be true. Good luck grinders.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KGrUORbEKPI
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 12:34:38 PM by Drew »

Leo

Re: USPSA - Road to C Class: The Struggle is Real
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 09:28:56 PM »
Thanks for sharing. Do you mind elaborating on your scheduled dry fire and live fire routine. What exactly are you going to do to reach your goal? Are you following a dry fire guide?  Ben Stoeger books? Steve Anderson books?  Those trying to improve may benefit from your training plan. Keep us update with your progress. I am looking forward to seeing you improve with your new CZ.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 09:32:11 PM by Leo »

Offline Drew

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 12:51:03 PM »
Hey Leo,

Currently I use both of those dry fire resources you've mentioned. I obtained Anderson books first. I believe about a year now, and then purchased Steoeger's book about 4 months ago. I used to use an iphone app for a timer but have since purchased a real timer.  I have normal USPSA targets set up in the basement and I also have the 1/3 size targets from Stoeger's store.  The shooting box is approximately 27 feet from the target at the longest set up.  My dry fire practice routine used to be Anderson's drills 1 - 14 each training session -at first, three times a week, more if possible -, then a mixture of five more drills from the remaining sections of the book, depending on time. But to be honest, since the new purchase I have not had the time with work and family life. Big problem for producing results.

I can appreciate Stoeger's book, but I've leaned back to Anderson's. I think it's just because it's what I learned first.

But to answer your question, the goals part is what I need to figure out and set a plan of attach. Right now the only shooting I do is on my Tuesday night weekly match. Which might plan for 40 - 50 rounds. Clearly not enough live fire practice to ingain repeatable results.[size=78%] [/size]

Offline Dvrdwn72

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 08:39:10 PM »
Another book to read is with winning in mind by Lanny Basham.