Author Topic: CZ RAMI BD Firing Pin Issue  (Read 9875 times)

Offline Geobob

• Dum Spiro Spero
CZ RAMI BD Firing Pin Issue
« on: March 01, 2014, 10:39:15 PM »
Hello All

Have a relatively new CZ RAMI BD, bought on ArmsList, with 1,300 rds through it.  This evening, while practicing w/ Laserlyte 9mm laser cartridge, after 25 "fires" the laser stopped "shooting" and I noticed a different sound when the hammer hit.  Checked the laser, and it's working OK.  I notice the firing pin aft end remains very slightly recessed in the slide channel whether cocked or not, so it seems the hammer is not contacting the pin.  Any other potential issues than a broken firing pin or spring?  Is this replacement something I can do, or do I need to send this back to CZ?  Thanks in advance for any help.
Geobob
US Navy P-3 Pilot, US Army Huey & Blackhawk Pilot (ret.)

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
Re: CZ RAMI BD Firing Pin Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 09:28:37 AM »
I'm not really familar with the Rami, but I doubt that the slide is that different than the 75.  The firing pin can be removed by driving out the pin under the rear sight.  You will need a 3/32" roll pin punch to remove the pin.  The firing pin block will hold the firing pin in place untill you depress it.  Then the firing pin and spring are freed to travel, so you need to be ready for the spring to launch the pin.  The block is also free to fall out.  It helps to note the position of the firing pin with its cutouts and the same for the block when you re-assemble the firing pin & block.  You may want to look at an improved firing pin from Cajun Gun Works.  They are supposed to stand up to dry firing better.
http://www.cajungunworks.com/firing_pins.html

Offline Geobob

• Dum Spiro Spero
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 01:26:01 PM »
Thanks, Rodolfo - much appreciated!

Geobob

Offline Geobob

• Dum Spiro Spero
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 01:31:38 PM »
UPDATE:  Dave at Cajun Gun Works confirmed that the stock RAMI firing pin can have problems.  CGW has the new, extended and stronger FP with a new spring, which I ordered.  Dave also recommended a new trigger spring to match up with the new FP spring - said it will reduce the DA pull by half.  Am also getting their better FP roll pin, and a new trigger pin.  CGW is VERY helpful in helping solve problems - I both highly praise and recommend them!
Geobob