Author Topic: CZ Durango Shotgun  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Deputy Dan

CZ Durango Shotgun
« on: April 10, 2023, 08:45:16 AM »
I know very little about CZ shotguns and I need help deciding between a Sharp Tail Coach Gun and a CZ Durango which I have a chance to buy for a significantly lower price then the Sharp Tail.  I am brand new to Cowboy Action Shooting and I have been told by those in the know in my local club to get a Sharp Tail.  However, it seems that nobody among them has heard of the Durango.  Even my gunsmith doesn't know about it. 

I have a couple reservations about it and I need information and advice. 

According to my limited research, the Durango was made by CZ one year only,  2005-06.  Why did they stop production of it? 

Are there parts available for it? 

Was it just a shortened version of the first generation Bobwhite?  Would parts from that fit?  Are there parts available for the G1 Bobwhite?

Any comments, advice or information you can give me will help me make a decision and will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much.

Jim Sprouse    AKA SASS name Deputy Dan Callahan   SASS Number 113043   

Offline chfields

• Administrator
Re: CZ Durango Shotgun
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 10:28:25 AM »
Welcome to our forum! I don't know anything about them, you might try calling CZUSA...they may be able to shed more light on it for you.
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2023, 12:40:46 PM »
Hey Dan:
Welcome to the Forum
All I know of the Durango, is it is a 20" SxS made in Turkey by Huglu, imported by CZ-USA
The difference between the Durango and the Amarillo is; the Durango has exchangeable Chokes and a Single Trigger, where the Amarillo has a fixed Choke and Double Triggers
I own the Huglu 202B, Bobwhite
A VERY NICE SxS
Beautiful Craftsmanship
I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Durango
HELL, if you don't buy it, I'd love to have it
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 12:44:32 PM by DenStinett »
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before, and the years after him !

Offline Deputy Dan

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2023, 01:49:19 PM »
Thanks for the endorsement Den.  Since I posted earlier, someone said the Durango [size=78%]could be thought of as a shortened G1 Bobwhite. I think I will buy it!  Thanks![/size]

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2023, 08:28:22 PM »
Yeah, great choice
It wouldn't hurt my feelings to replace my Rossi Overland Hammer Coach with a CZ / Huglu Durango

Then it could share Chokes with my Bobwhite

Hope it serves you well
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before, and the years after him !

Offline Deputy Dan

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2023, 02:41:08 PM »
Welcome to our forum! I don't know anything about them, you might try calling CZUSA...they may be able to shed more light on it for you.

I called CZ HQ this morning and found answers to my questions.  The one year it was made, 2005-06, it was a promotional product.  It was not a clone of any of their existing guns at the time but did share a few parts with the Sharp Tail and the Gen 1 Bobwhite.  Most internal parts for the Durango are still available.  Those that aren't can perhaps be found in the Sharp Tail or Bobwhite part numbers.  They do not, however have any external parts such as stocks, barrels or levers.   

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2023, 07:52:20 PM »
Hey Dan:
Quite interesting
I thought the Durango used the same (Single Trigger) Action / Receiver, Butt and Fore Stocks and used the same Chokes as the Huglu Bobwhite
But I could be wrong
My 202B 12-28 has a Semi Pistol Stock, but has Twin Triggers
Not your usual Bobwhite: