Author Topic: Help? Looking for first CZ Pistol  (Read 1651 times)

Offline KaiserWindsor

Help? Looking for first CZ Pistol
« on: March 10, 2022, 12:09:57 PM »
Hello,

I'm hoping you guys can help me decide and/or differentiate between these 5 models below. I'm primarily going to be using it just as a range gun, not competition. Out of the 5, the only one I've had the experience to shoot with is the CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Target II and that's the one that actually made me fall in love with the CZ brand. But the more I tried to research and watch YouTube videos of reviews, the more I feel confused  :huh: 

Here's the ones I'm interested in and it's not in any type of order...

1. CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Target II
2. CZ Shadow 2 (Blue)
3. CZ Shadow 2 Orange
4. CZ Tactical Sport Orange
5. CS TS2

I'm hoping to purchase "The one" so I don't have any buyer's remorse down the road and feel like going out to get another one. The stock of CZ guns in our local shops are pretty bad. The only one available in store is the Target II, which I'm already familiar with. So as much as I'd love to get a feel of each of them to compare, it won't be possible for at least 2 weeks and no guarantees which model will come in. I have pretty small hands being just 5'2", female. I'm also not opposed to sending it out for a custom work if it won't cost over $2k for both the pistol + custom work.

Also, I've read that an SAO isn't good for a home defense gun. Not a big factor but wondering if any of these would be good for both range and home defense. I'm eyeing an P-07 for home defense at some point down the road.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 01:24:12 PM by KaiserWindsor »

Offline chfields

• Administrator
Re: Help? Looking for first CZ Pistol
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 01:32:08 PM »
Welcome to our forum!! The Shadow 2 (Blue and Orange) are exactly the same except for accent colors. It is great gun for range as well as self defense. The Tactical Sport is a little bigger and heavier than the Shadow 2, but is also an amazing gun. I don't think you will regret any choice you make.
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline KaiserWindsor

Re: Help? Looking for first CZ Pistol
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 08:55:10 AM »
Thank you! I didn't realize the Shadow 2 Orange and Blue were basically the same. I figured because the price difference was pretty big, the Orange would have more features.

Another local shop just told me that they have the Shadow 2 Blue in stock and a CZ Racing Green, so I think I'm going to head out today to check those out. I also called Cajun Gun Works and they said they can make the Shadow 2 Blue feel and fire better than the Target II for $505. I think that's the Pro Package + Bushing. Anyone have any experience with that on the Shadow 2? Is the customization noticeably better?