Author Topic: 75 B with Omega Trigger  (Read 15597 times)

Offline djw

75 B with Omega Trigger
« on: July 05, 2015, 09:10:12 AM »
Recently saw the Omega model at a local gun show and wondering if anyone has one and what they think of it compared with the standard model. Saw it was a bit more "cost effective" and have been wondering if it was an advanced set up. I had one dealer tell me it eliminated the "camming" of the trigger that is common on the standard model. By this he explained the further pushing back of the trigger on a cocked 75B just prior to firing. Any input would be appreciated. TIA.

edshot

Re: 75 B with Omega Trigger
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 09:58:16 PM »
This is a question I'm very interested in too. I want a standard-frame CZ75 as my second CZ, and I plan to home-tune it, as I've done with my PCR,which has the decocker trigger... a complex piece of work. I like the idea of the simpler Omega trigger but would like to see a user opinion as to the relative merits vs disadvantages of the two systems.

Offline djw

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 09:16:13 AM »
glad to see someone else interested but by and large there seems to be apathy about the omega model. hope your post stirs up some interest.
Best, Dave

Offline Cantankerous

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 01:49:04 PM »
I find the Omega  trigger to be quite superior to a standard CZ 75 trigger. The standard trigger has much more travel, can have quite a bit more grit and Stageiness to it, and tends to be a harder double action pull. I'm not sure why people don't think it's much of the Omega trigger but I love the cost.all you have to do is dry fire the SP – 01 then dry fire the oega version and you will see the difference.

edshot

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 10:14:44 PM »
DJW and Cantankerous: That's the kind of info I was hoping to get. Anyone else have personal experience of both trigger systems? The Omega seems like a can't lose deal: a better trigger that's easier to manufacture and hopefully tune. I have to wonder about the fact that CGW doesn't have anything at all for the Omega trigger: is it good enough that it doesn't need any tune-ups, or is it difficult to improve? Can't be the latter if it's all that much simpler.  :rolleyes:

goduke25@yahoo.com

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 09:56:54 PM »
I've owned both. A CZ 75 P-07 Omega and a CZ 75B with the old trigger system. I personally like the omega trigger better. It's so smooth, feels like it's on bearings. No grit whatsoever. In SA, there is a bit of pre-travel but very clean break. I love this trigger system and love the results of tearing out the bullseye.

Sold the old 75B and have just purchased the 75B Omega from Buds and cannot wait to get it. I know this is a few weeks old, but I hope this helps.

Offline ArLEOret

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 06:29:11 AM »
Let us know what you think of the omega trigger. I have the CZ75 B standard with the CGW mods and love it and interested in how they compare.

goduke25@yahoo.com

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 06:21:16 PM »
Just received my full size 75B Omega last week. I still love this Omega trigger and I shoot this pistol better than the P-07 duty, which is expected given its a full size gun. But just like the P-07 there is the slightest pre-travel in SA. The DA pull feels like it's 50 lbs, lol, but it's smooth as silk.

As good as it is out of the box, I may have that pre-travel tweaked, which would probably make this the best trigger I've ever had - not counting the competition 1911's I've had with trigger work on them. Bottom line, great trigger and great firearm.

I'm confused as to why the Omega trigger version is less expensive than the standard 75B. Can't figure out if it's because there is more demand for the standard trigger system, or if the Omega system costs less to manufacture and therefore costs less to buy.

Offline Micheleleabe

• MicheleleabeXP
75 B with Omega Trigger
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2020, 06:34:20 AM »
I'll see. I got it for one specific application on a certain lake. If it works great I'll use it more, but I'll know more when it comes this week and I can see it and play around with it.

Ah yes... This post was created with XRumer, most popular tool for auto-posting on forums and blogs.
XEvil 5.0 helps to bypass most of antibot-protections, it's can break all most popular captchas, such as ReCaptcha-2 and ReCaptcha-3 ;)
XEvil compatible with all known SEO-software: GSA, SERPParser, ZennoPoster, RankTracker, etc.
So if you want to promote your website fast and world-wide: XEvil is must-have tool in your arsenal ;)