Author Topic: IDPA, goodbye Glock hello CZ.  (Read 9421 times)

Qasoswat

IDPA, goodbye Glock hello CZ.
« on: February 26, 2013, 11:55:17 AM »
I've been shooting IDPA for about a year and have been a life long Glock guy (G35 gen 4). I've been teetering on the edge between sharpshooter and expert. Two weeks ago I bought my first  CZ-75 BD and WOW is all I can say about that experience. It was a total tack driver and what happened to the recoil. I dropped nearly 20 seconds off my classifier time almost putting me in the master class. I was so excited by my new found "skill" (Thanks CZ) that I got to thinking what could I do with one of Angus's souped up custom guns. So I called CZCustom and spoke to Stuart, (awesome guy, Extremely Knowledgable and down to Earth) First I asked about upgrading my CZ, He told me about all the wonderful things they could do to it and then mentioned that they had a few guns ready to go. Seeing as I am like a five year old in a candy store when it comes to guns, I said you mean I could have one now and not wait the 6 wks for the work to be completed on my gun. So A CZ Shadow custom is now on the way I even got the Fedex tracking number about an hour after I hung up the phone, That's what I call service Thanks again Stuart your the man. So with tears in my eyes Hello CZ and goodbye Glock, it's been a blast.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: IDPA, goodbye Glock hello CZ.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 06:46:27 AM »
              Really glad you found not only CZ's but our Forum as well, and with that, I would like to welcome you to our forum, and say we hope we have you with us a long time to come. Actually not sure how many competition shooters we have here and adding more such as yourself is a great thing. I'm hoping we can get a good group together to talk competition shooting and events going on around us.

Congratulations of your first of many CZ's (Trust me it will be "many"  :cool:  ) and your uptick on the competition circuit.

If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Michael

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 10:03:23 PM »
If you want to be even more teary eyed you can order a shadow for me and send it this way.  I shoot a glock and now recently my cz sp-01.  The glock is the most dependable handgun I've ever shot but the cz just feels right, and it's soooo accurate!  I've definitely been the kid in the candy store with upgrades.  I should have just bought a shadow :)!

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 11:00:48 PM »
           Actually, that SP-01 is one damn fine pistol. I have no doubt at all that it will out shoot any Glock, Sig or anything else, straight out of the box. As for the Shadow I love mine, both the competition ones (matched set) and the un-upgraded ones. I also love my SP-01 and the others, each has its purpose and carries differently either in the waist band or on the belt. Everyone has different CCW characteristics. I live in Orlando, and wear shorts and t-shirts with a fishing vest to conceal the fact I am carrying. I have used a Cubavera to do the same as well.  And since I am from New Orleans and the heat and humidity is way worse there than here and I have been carrying CZ's CCW for over 30 years, I think I'm qualified to say you can conceal any size weapon if you really want to. Comfort notwithstanding.

So you have a great weapon and you can buy a Shadow at some point down the road, because no one can own just one to paraphrase.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 11:05:04 PM by GhostWarrior »

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Qasoswat

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 11:35:54 PM »
Ghost warrior I wanted to pick your brain. The next CZ I want to purchase is a compact version. I carry a g19 gen 4 now. I was curious if you own or have handled a Protek model. They look pretty amazing and wanted to find out from someone who actually owns one if they are worth the high price tag. Thanks in advance.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 02:16:46 PM »
           Well considering I have 2 or 3 of the pistols that Angus and his Wizards have made, I tell you in all sincerity that the price may be high but it will be worth the price. I don't  have that particular model, but if I had the money, I would pay the asking price, and never doubt the purchase.

As an example Angus and his band of Wizards, took a Shadow frame cut an inch or so off the front of it, put on a Duty slide, polished everything up and turned it into about that best CZ around. They made 6 designated the SP-07 CZCustom. One of them is my permanent carry pistol. Out of all I have that one is the one I carry more than any other.

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 03:09:16 PM »
Yes, that SP-07 is amazing. So easy to aim with that Israeli Combat sight on it. I was drooling the whole time I shot it. I've shot glocks, XDs, and all other manner of guns and by far the CZ is the best pistol as far as ergonomics and accuracy out of the box you will EVER find. A little tuning and as long as you place your first shot well, you can empty a mag in a 3-5 inch group as fast as you can pull the trigger. Mine runs like a sewing machine!

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 03:14:48 PM »
I've also had the priviledge of being able to fire that gun and it is amazing. I love the sights on it as well, makes aiming very easy. You just can't go wrong with CZ.
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Michael

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 07:32:38 PM »
          Actually, that SP-01 is one damn fine pistol. I have no doubt at all that it will out shoot any Glock, Sig or anything else, straight out of the box. As for the Shadow I love mine, both the competition ones (matched set) and the un-upgraded ones. I also love my SP-01 and the others, each has its purpose and carries differently either in the waist band or on the belt. Everyone has different CCW characteristics. I live in Orlando, and wear shorts and t-shirts with a fishing vest to conceal the fact I am carrying. I have used a Cubavera to do the same as well.  And since I am from New Orleans and the heat and humidity is way worse there than here and I have been carrying CZ's CCW for over 30 years, I think I'm qualified to say you can conceal any size weapon if you really want to. Comfort notwithstanding.

So you have a great weapon and you can buy a Shadow at some point down the road, because no one can own just one to paraphrase.

Ghost that's what I'm afraid of.  I'm interested in competition and in shooting sports.  I shoot for fun and protection now, but I want to get more into as time allows!  Maybe you guys should ban me from the site so I don't spend all of our money on CZ's.  I live in Charleston, SC and it's shorts and flip flops here most of the year as well.  The compact versions are enticing!  I carry a glock 9mm and a kahr 380 cause it's so east to hide.  I can't leave the house without it, but I haven't battled subcompacts in the heat yet so it's mostly the 380 when it warms up!  I'll stop replying on this topic since my post are off topic.  You guys have a good Friday!

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 08:31:11 PM »
I hate to break it to you, but banning won't help...once you've been bitten its all over.... :cheesy:
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad