Author Topic: 9mm (9X19) Luger SWEET LOAD /167 Loads Reloading what Press/Powder for my needs  (Read 24516 times)

Steve H.

First a little bit of crying  :smiley: This is my 3rd time shooting in last 6 months, since shortages. Plus, saving $$$ for equip. and components.

I would appreciate comments. My accuracy (aiming) stinks. With a little practice, I believe this will be a very accurate load.
Distance: 30'feet with home made rest.
125gr. LCN .356 bullet, IMR - SR4756 (4.6gr) @ 1.125" C.O.L.                                                                                                                           ***COL is very precise with LCN bullets on my Press, not so with 95gr. Plated 9mm Mak bullets ???***

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I also put my order in for 1lb. Winchester WSF powder. Recipe calls for 1.169 COL. I will take it down to 1.165 to be safe. Also, CZ75 (pre B) chamber size is 1.169 and  magazine functions well also.. (PHEW!!!!)

Thank y'all for your help. Please keep it coming...
Steve H.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 07:42:16 AM by Steve H. »

Steve H.

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
Re: 9mm SWEET LOAD
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 06:36:04 AM »
I use 4.2gr of Win # 231 with a 124gr FMJ bullet and WSP primers.  The velocity is 1020fps out of my 75BD.  Very consistant and mild recoil.

This ten shot group was made at ten yards with a 75 BD w/CrimsonTrace laser.  The pistol was fired standing with a two hand hold.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 07:36:18 AM by Rodolfo Fierro »

Larry

And, without the laser?

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
The group is larger.  The laser lets you know exactly where you are aiming.  With the fiber optic sights there is a little wiggle room for the front sight in the rear notch, resulting in a wider spread on the target.   Without the fiber optics the results are dismal.  I just can't see the front sight on a black bulls eye.

Larry

Interesting, and thanks for your comments and targets.  I've wondered about lasers and you provided a welcome answer.  I do have a red fiber optic front sight on the 75B and green adjustable rear fiber optics; my wife loves 'em as she has the same issue with black on black bullseye as you. The fiber optics are high and don't allow use of a holster. On the Canik Stingray I have standard adjustable sights with a white dot on the front but I focus on the front sight and the bull is a blur anyway.

Larry

CZ-75B 9mm w/Kadet kit
Canik Stingray (all metal CZ-PO1 clone)
CZ 455