Author Topic: CZ40P!  (Read 15545 times)

youngguns357

CZ40P!
« on: February 05, 2011, 01:04:34 AM »
Good day, I'm proud to be first on the scene here with 3 CZ 40P's. I think they are wonderful pistols. The best feeling handgun ever.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: CZ40P!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 10:55:44 AM »
So tell us how you really feel about your CZ's  :D  Don't forget Pictures are allways welcome, but not mandatory......................yet  8)
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

saltshaker113

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 07:03:37 AM »
Hi,Found a new in the box cz 40p,how long were these made and are they a good reliable gun? The dealer is asking $400 is this a good price thanks for your replies!!

youngguns357

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 10:11:34 PM »
That is a very nice price. The CZ40p is my favorite piece, all three of them, and one of the underdogs of the pistol world. CZ and Colt went in together to build a DA only pistol for the law enforcement market, colt backed out and left CZ holding the bag. CZ then stepped up and created the CZ40B, a DA/SA pistol that has a frame shape of a 1911. A very nice piece in its on right but did not take off in sells. CZ then took the 40B upper and barrel and mated it to their P01 alloy frame. This became the CZ40P,  DA/SA .40 pistol with decocker.
I, like most, have changed out the plastic guide rod for steel one, and replaced the factory recoil springs with 20lb wolff aftermarket ones, thats it -$10.00 tops. My three all run great and hit where I aim, I rarely find a pistol that has fixed sites that match my point of aim/impact but the CZ40P is right on target for me.
How about this friend, If you buy it and it not your cup of tea- contact me back and maybe we can come up with some type of a deal? You can never have to many CZ's!

saltshaker113

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 12:01:08 AM »
Thanks for your imput and very good imformation on the cz 40p youngguns 357,i will put serious thought into getting this gun and if i dont like it i will let you know!!

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 10:04:30 PM »
MIne had Nites and Hakan grips.

Like it was mentioned.

A great combo of Colt and CZ.
www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.

saltshaker113

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 06:09:00 PM »
You Said' Had' Did You Get rid Of It And Why?

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 11:34:45 PM »
Yes, I had to sell 5 custom CZs to help a family member get through school, and pay bills  for the first semester.

THe 40P was one of them.
www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.

saltshaker113

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 07:01:20 PM »
That Was a Very Nice Thing To Do,With Guns You Can Always Sell Them They Are Like Money In The Bank If You Take Care Of Them!!

Offline Squirrelly85

• I'm always left of the enemy
  • I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 11:16:23 PM »
I've been researching this gun a little bit and it seems like it would be a great piece to have.  I know they didn't make many of them but if anyone knows where I'd be able to find one for purchase or trade I would totally pick it up.  I would prefer brand new, but as long as there are no internal or external mars or visible wear on a used one i would be ok with that.

I still haven't been able to find a buyer for my CZ 97B (See Post: http://www.czforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=201.0) either.  Its a great gun, I just don't need two of them.

I've looked at a few different auction sites and around the web but they are hard to come by I'm finding out.  So if anyone knows of where I can get one, If they are willing to part with theirs let me know.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and provide new Guards for their future security.

The Only Easy Day, Was Yesterday!

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 11:42:24 PM »
I'd really love to buy your 97B, but I'm out of a job as of now. :(

Offline Squirrelly85

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 12:53:24 AM »
Well I'll make you a deal.  If you find a good job and decide you want it I'll personally bring it to you and knock off some on the price to just because you're the only person that's expressed any interest in the thing.  Plus I've never been to your neck of the woods and that would be a cool road trip.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and provide new Guards for their future security.

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 02:53:51 AM »
Sounds good to me, but if you get an offer go ahead and take it. I don't want you waiting on something that may not happen for months.

Offline Squirrelly85

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 12:37:38 AM »
Sounds like a plan, although I doubt anything will come of it.  I went to 4 different shops in my area just to appraise both guns.  Each one wouldn't give me more then $325; one actually offered me a trade of 4 boxes of 9mm range ammo and a Winchester t-shirt for both.  He almost found out how fast I can get across 2 feet of glass display case. So unless I find a shop that's willing to give me what I'm asking or close to it I'll just hang onto them.  No joke, one guy asked me if I even fired them, that how good of a condition they are in.  And I couldn't even ask to do a straight trade with any of them because they wouldn't even consider it unless I was buying something from their used display which is not what I want.

I have 3 guns in mind for my next purchases... CZ 85 B/BD; Beretta Cx4 Storm 9mm (full size); CZ 40P (if I can find one :huh:).

So like I said if you or anyone for that matter finds a CZ 40P or has one please let me know.

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 02:13:55 AM »
Holy crap, really? Thats retarded. I would have said at least $400-$450 just for that used 97B. Glad the gun shops around here have some sense. Man, a trade for ammo? You should have told the guy he could go fornicate with himself, his dog, his mother, and the horse he rode in on. I say put them on gunsamerica, and guntrader. At least you might be able to get a trade that way. I'll check the one shop around here that carries CZs and let you know. I think they did have a couple of .40 cals last time I was in there, I just don't know what models they were.