Author Topic: First Person Footage  (Read 8646 times)

Leo

First Person Footage
« on: July 03, 2017, 08:04:09 PM »
I recently picked up a GoPro and decided to take some first person view footage. It has been a long time since I have capture my matches this way. What do you guys think? Keep it first person or 3rd?

https://youtu.be/WLQA3YxRNcc

Offline raytracer

Re: First Person Footage
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 10:37:34 AM »
I started the video and thought I was still in 1.5x playback speed from watching a tutorial earlier.

I wasn't.

If you really want to get fancy, you can put another gopro or 2 on stands and start them all remotely. I know Adobe Premiere will sync all the cameras automatically by audio, and has a multicam editing mode that lets you select the camera on the fly, just like punching a multicam live show. I would imagine some of the better freeware/shareware editing programs would have a similar function. It may be more hassle than you want, but it does make for a dynamic video.

Leo

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 06:03:13 PM »
I have tried lugging around a tripod and recording my stages inconjuction with a headcam but it quickly became a lot of work.  The time needed to set up the tripod camera took up precious time I should have been using for stage plan and preparation.  I do want to step up my video production though. I might have to revisit using multiple cameras. Thanks for the tips. By the way, what did you mean in your first paragraph?  Does something look "off" in my video?  All my videos are edited and uploaded from my iphone. I'm not really sure how my videos look to others viewing them on computers, etc.

Offline raytracer

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 09:37:19 PM »
Nothing looked "off"... you were just burning that stage down so fast, I thought I was watching it sped up!

Leo

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 07:12:50 PM »
Haha! I see.

Leo

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 06:57:57 PM »
Another FPV video from todays match.

https://youtu.be/9ryGtxmVzy8

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 08:21:04 AM »
3rd person is better to break down and assess the shooter's performance.  1st person is, I think, more interesting to just watch. ;)

Leo

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 12:01:24 PM »
3rd person is better to break down and assess the shooter's performance.  1st person is, I think, more interesting to just watch. ;)

I agree. I may get some additional cams and set them up on tripods wthin stages. I really like the videos that use both 3rd person and FPV.